IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

A/C has low performance and high vibration

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-24 | 12:55 PM
DanceEng
Driver

Default A/C has low performance and high vibration

Hi all,

I had the freon topped up at a shop recently and that helped, but I'm still noticing two problems.

1) Above ~90F ambient, the engine is really bad at producing cold air when the car is at standstill. It needs to be at highway speeds before having better performance. It seems like the radiator just isn't transferring heat well? In general I feel the A/C performance is really lacking in this car. In every car I've owned I've experienced a lot better A/C -- from old beater Civics, to Accords, to Saabs. It just takes a long time for the cabin to actually cool down. I even have ceramic tint all around.
2) Really terrible reverberation throughout the cabin (mainly when the car is stopped), when the A/C is running. When I go into the climate control and turn the A/C off it goes away immediately. It's like a cyclical vibration and it's quite loud to me. Before this comes up, yes the engine mounts have been replaced very recently with OEM parts, which makes me stumped as to what's causing this.

Any info on this would be much appreciated!
Old 09-24-24 | 01:25 PM
itsmike177
Advanced

Interesting, I am having the exact same issue as described in the original post but with one more symptom - when AC is on, in drive or in park, can see and hear the rpm’s go up 100-300rpms every 4-5 seconds until the AC button is turned off.

Engine mounts are good and just replaced, feels cold at hwy speeds, but not as cold when at idle or park.