LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

Help me lexus ls 400 year 1998

Search this Thread

Old Today, 12:13 AM
frangijon
2nd gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help me lexus ls 400 year 1998

Hi my name is Frank i live in nort spain ( europe )

I visited the son of a man who kept cars in a barn, he was a mechanic during his life, he passed away this year and his two sons are selling all the cars, I was interested in a 99 Mercedes S5 V8 but he was asking too high a price and the car didn't look very attractive, at the exit of the barn there was a Lexus LS400 parked, this make and model is not very common in Europe but I had read years ago that they had very good quality and it was a very good product, I asked him about the car and he kindly showed it to me, the car had been stopped for a year and started on the first try, the sound of its V8 engine captivated me, the interior was in perfect condition, the exterior was also dirty and full of leaves but perfect only the front door needs to be painted because of two small scratches, new tires, heated seats, electric roof, air suspension and a lot of extras that I didn't know a car like this had, now I will try to ask you for advice because although I am a mechanic I do not know Lexus

Second problem: I didn't know that these cars had air suspension and I noticed the switches next to the gearbox. Before we started it, the car was a little droopy at the rear. We started it and it continued to droop. After a few seconds, I touched the buttons to raise or lower the height and I didn't see it move. When I went to get the instruction booklet from the drawer under the CD changer, I saw that the fuse cover was there and I didn't give it any importance. But yesterday, while checking the Internet on American and English forums, I saw that when there is a problem with the suspension, people remove the fuse. So last night, thinking about it in bed, I realized that there might be a problem with the suspension, but when the car started, I moved the front wing with my hands and it acted as the suspension. If I buy this car, I would not like to remove the air suspension, because I think it is like if I buy a V8 engine, I remove it and put in a V6 engine. My question is how can I know if the suspension works? I also need to know if there are spare parts for the air suspension or if in your country there is someone who repairs these shock absorbers.

I appreciate your help. I have to give an answer next Saturday. I'll buy it or I'll let it go. I'll upload some photos. Thanks.

Old Today, 12:37 AM
frangijon
2nd gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by frangijon
Hi my name is Frank i live in nort spain ( europe )

I visited the son of a man who kept cars in a barn, he was a mechanic during his life, he passed away this year and his two sons are selling all the cars, I was interested in a 99 Mercedes S5 V8 but he was asking too high a price and the car didn't look very attractive, at the exit of the barn there was a Lexus LS400 parked, this make and model is not very common in Europe but I had read years ago that they had very good quality and it was a very good product, I asked him about the car and he kindly showed it to me, the car had been stopped for a year and started on the first try, the sound of its V8 engine captivated me, the interior was in perfect condition, the exterior was also dirty and full of leaves but perfect only the front door needs to be painted because of two small scratches, new tires, heated seats, electric roof, air suspension and a lot of extras that I didn't know a car like this had, now I will try to ask you for advice because although I am a mechanic I do not know Lexus

Second problem: I didn't know that these cars had air suspension and I noticed the switches next to the gearbox. Before we started it, the car was a little droopy at the rear. We started it and it continued to droop. After a few seconds, I touched the buttons to raise or lower the height and I didn't see it move. When I went to get the instruction booklet from the drawer under the CD changer, I saw that the fuse cover was there and I didn't give it any importance. But yesterday, while checking the Internet on American and English forums, I saw that when there is a problem with the suspension, people remove the fuse. So last night, thinking about it in bed, I realized that there might be a problem with the suspension, but when the car started, I moved the front wing with my hands and it acted as the suspension. If I buy this car, I would not like to remove the air suspension, because I think it is like if I buy a V8 engine, I remove it and put in a V6 engine. My question is how can I know if the suspension works? I also need to know if there are spare parts for the air suspension or if in your country there is someone who repairs these shock absorbers.

I appreciate your help. I have to give an answer next Saturday. I'll buy it or I'll let it go. I'll upload some photos. Thanks.

I apologize, I had forgotten the first problem I wanted to ask you about.
First problem: it is related to the automatic gearbox, the owner's son used this car until one day when he put the gearbox in D the car accelerated but did not move, but if you put it in reverse there was no problem it went backwards. I was trying it on Saturday, put it in reverse and it went backwards, but when I put it in direct gear (d) it made a pretense of moving forward, but immediately the car went up in revs and did not go forward, I wanted to ask you for advice on this fault if you know what it could be and if the repair would be very expensive
Third problem: the gauge panel lights up perfectly, but when the car is running you accelerate and the needle that measures the revolutions does not go up, it does not work. Do you know what the problem may be and if the repair is complicated? Thank you very much.