LS - 5th Gen (2018-present) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS500 and LS460 F.

Datasystem ASC683L lowering module/controller

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-21, 10:28 AM
CJITTY
Lead Lap

Received 150 Likes on 112 Posts
Default Datasystem ASC683L lowering module/controller

Hello all,

Does anyone have the newest Datasystem Module installed on their 500? I'm trying to determine if the rear of the ASC683L module has the same connections as the ASR 680, 681, 682. I have a feeling they are different but I've been able to use the same controller across the 07-09, 10-12 and 13-17 body with no issues minus the GPS supplemental cable used for keeping the suspension from lowering more after appx 50mph. Hoping someone can take a picture of back of the wireless module and the back of the unit which now connects in trunk with the new LS500s. It probably would need new harness but not sure if it has totally different programming than the 680-682 devices.

Thanks
Old 07-18-21, 08:04 AM
BonnerBB
Driver

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

YouTube that model number. There are a bunch of new videos on it now.

Old 07-19-21, 09:18 AM
HTOWNLS500
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

It is totally different than the older generation models. This module stays in the the trunk and is controlled from there, and ties in with the factory selector switch up front. I took some pictures but I had the same question and i did enough research to know that the older model will not work with the new generation (LS500+)

Hope that helps. It does work good but sometimes you have to readjust and raise and lower it, as it uses the factory leveling sensors so if you are not on a flat surface, it will not be aligned properly
Old 08-29-21, 05:23 PM
BonnerBB
Driver

Installed this device today.
The following 4 users liked this post by BonnerBB:
FreddyG (12-18-21), HIONLEX (09-06-21), HTOWNLS500 (09-10-21), LS500NC (09-30-21)
Old 09-06-21, 02:55 PM
HIONLEX
9th Gear

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Factory Reset

Does it automatically return to factory height after unhooking the module?
The following users liked this post:
LS460Crown (07-13-24)
Old 09-11-21, 08:20 PM
LS500NC
Driver School Candidate

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Very interested in this. Can you lower front and back independently?
Old 11-22-21, 08:37 PM
CJITTY
Lead Lap

Received 150 Likes on 112 Posts

Sorry for the late response. That looks awesome! I assumed it would require all new connections but the install appears much easier than previous. Even though i've installed plenty on the 460, it;s pretty simple now. I'll check out the youtube! Thanks for the info!!

Originally Posted by BonnerBB

BonnerBB (12-06-21)
Old 12-06-21, 05:00 AM
BonnerBB
Driver

Originally Posted by LS500NC
Very interested in this. Can you lower front and back independently?
Yes. In fact you can lower the front left, front right and rear independently.
LS460Crown (07-13-24)
Old 12-06-21, 05:02 AM
BonnerBB
Driver

Originally Posted by HIONLEX
Does it automatically return to factory height after unhooking the module?
Not sure, I have never unhooked it.
HIONLEX (06-10-22)
Old 12-06-21, 10:48 AM
LS500NC
Driver School Candidate

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Yes. In fact you can lower the front left, front right and rear independently.
Thanks for the reply. Where did you buy it from?
Old 06-10-22, 05:57 PM
Jimmy201
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some help please

Originally Posted by CJITTY
Sorry for the late response. That looks awesome! I assumed it would require all new connections but the install appears much easier than previous. Even though i've installed plenty on the 460, it;s pretty simple now. I'll check out the youtube! Thanks for the info!!
hey I just installed the unit on my 2018 ls500 and I can’t get it to adjust . Can you please help me out
Old 06-10-22, 11:13 PM
HIONLEX
9th Gear

Start your engine with your trunk open. Slide the module switch to "UNLOCK." Return to your driver seat and press/hold the airbag height switch on your center console for about 10 seconds or more until the HI car icon on your dash begins to blink. With the engine still on, return to the open trunk and press the module MODE switch until the display reads "SPL." You will have 7 lowering settings to select while pressing the "UP" and "DOWN" buttons. I chose setting 4 that brought my car fender about an inch above my tires. The "SPL" selection adjusts all four fenders at the same height. After selecting your height adjustment, switch the module "LOCK." Close the trunk and your car should adjust itself to the selected height.

If you want to adjust each front air bags separately, choose the "Srd" mode. In this mode, you can't adjust the rear air bags separately. They adjust together. I don't use this mode.

If you want a little rake in your front fenders using the SPL mode, you'll need to adjust the stock links located behind each front tire to lower it. The links work like turn buckles and a half turn either way will adjust the height (up or down) by 1/4". Shortening the link lowers the suspension. If you do this, be sure to mark or place a small tape on the middle nut on the link as a reference so you know how much you are turning the link. You can also adjust the rear suspension by adjusting the tab that's connected to the links located behind the rear wheels. You don't need to remove your rear tires to adjust the rear. Just jack it up a bit so you can get under there to adjust it.

I hope this helps.

Old 06-13-22, 08:58 PM
BonnerBB
Driver

FYI.... If you lower your LS500 and plan to drive it, you need to go get it realigned otherwise you will B U R N through your tires like I did.

After getting it where I liked it on Front L and R at 3 and Rear at 2, I got it realigned and haven't had a tire wear issue thus far... Yes, I bought new tires and not run flats.
Old 06-13-22, 10:12 PM
HIONLEX
9th Gear

FYI.... If you lower your LS500 and plan to drive it, you need to go get it realigned otherwise you will B U R N through your tires like I did.

After getting it where I liked it on Front L and R at 3 and Rear at 2, I got it realigned and haven't had a tire wear issue thus far... Yes, I bought new tires and not run flats.
BonnerBB is absolutely right. Get it aligned after installing the module however your alignment shop must align it to either the low or high setting, whichever level you will drive it the most.
Old 04-02-24, 07:20 AM
misterbananas
2nd gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sorry for opening up this post again. does the vehicle lower itself back down to the set height when you're going over 75mph?
LS460Crown (07-13-24)

Quick Reply: Datasystem ASC683L lowering module/controller