RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

under dash clicking noise (see video): 07 RX350

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-21 | 02:44 PM
left123
Driver School Candidate

Default under dash clicking noise (see video): 07 RX350

hi everyone. I realize this issue seems to be addressed before, but I cannot pinpoint a good source on exactly what my issue is. I have this clicking or squeaking noise NOT RELATED to the A/C or fan. It happens when the entire fan or A/C is OFF or on. I have read its some servo somewhere. Please see my attached video that I posted on youtube:

The video if in the driver's footwell looking up. Can someone send me the correct info on the problem and any potential fixes? Thanks in advance.

Old 07-01-21 | 06:32 PM
spinellib
Intermediate

Just to be clear, are you pushing a button on and off to make whatever that is make that noise?
Old 07-01-21 | 06:34 PM
left123
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by spinellib
Just to be clear, are you pushing a button on and off to make whatever that is make that noise?
Haha, I wish I was doing something to actually cause this, but no, this is happening spontaneously sadly. And sporadically, but mostly at speed.
Old 07-02-21 | 04:04 PM
left123
Driver School Candidate

Any thoughts? Any hints?
Old 07-02-21 | 06:36 PM
left123
Driver School Candidate

So I located the sound using my mechanic's stethoscope. See the attached pictures, with my hi tech arrow drawing isolating it ( ).

What I believe these pictures show is the servo that is squeaking intermittently. Now how in the world I get up in there to fix them is another story altogether. Anyone have a how to on that for this car? It looks like the bottom dash portion will have to come out.... .
Old 07-03-21 | 12:35 AM
spinellib
Intermediate

Have you tried searching the other forums here to see if owners of other Lexus models experienced this issue?
Or a Toyota forum?

There must be *someone* out there who had this problem and fixed it.
Old 08-11-23 | 07:28 AM
Princesssleelee
1st Gear

Default 2008 Lexus RX 350 ; Clicking / Squeaking from Dash Area

Hey there, I have an 08 Lexus RX350 and am also experiencing this “issue.” Although it’s very periodic, unpredictable and typically noticed when either at a red light or stopped, it’s there. Happening more frequently than before, I’ve noticed.
I have no knowledge on vehicles, really, and am focused on a more worrisome issue pertaining to the rear end making a “clunking” or “underwater bubbling-like sound” when hitting bumps or carrying more weight in the trunk (such as 5 large cases of water.)

I’d like to follow this thread to read-up on any potential causes, fixes, or input on (either of) the issue(s).

Hope you’re able to find the root of the issue!

(28second video of the dash noise will not upload due to size).
Old 08-12-23 | 04:28 AM
Buzzltyr57
Driver School Candidate

Default Ditto!

I also hear these exact noises in my 2007 RX . I will be watching this thread to find out what to do?
Old 08-20-23 | 07:55 PM
Lexinerd
Rookie

I have the same issue too
Old 09-10-24 | 06:11 AM
EaTown
6th Gear

I just drove an 08 RX with a dashboard clicking/tapping noise! It’s not coming from the AC. Following this thread to see if anyone knows what this could be. The dash on this vehicle was cracked and replaced so I wish they had noticed it when they had the dash off. Everyone is stumped.
Old 09-11-24 | 07:06 AM
dpleticha
Rookie

Default Same thing is a 2004 Toyota Sienna!

My friend’s 2004 Toyota Sienna makes the same noise intermittently so maybe there’s a solution in the Toyota forums?
Old 09-12-24 | 07:37 AM
evident
Racer

I have this problem too. It sounds like it's one of the AC Blend door actuators / servos but my AC/heat works fine when i direct them to floor, face, defrost, etc.
Old 09-18-24 | 09:33 AM
dm87
Driver School Candidate

Default HVAC Air Mode Servomotor

Originally Posted by left123
hi everyone. I realize this issue seems to be addressed before, but I cannot pinpoint a good source on exactly what my issue is. I have this clicking or squeaking noise NOT RELATED to the A/C or fan. It happens when the entire fan or A/C is OFF or on. I have read its some servo somewhere. Please see my attached video that I posted on youtube:

youtube under dash clicking sound

The video if in the driver's footwell looking up. Can someone send me the correct info on the problem and any potential fixes? Thanks in advance.
I was also experiencing the same clicking noise with my Lexus 2007 RX350. The Lexus dealership said it was HVAC AIR MODE SEVOMOTOR. The part would be around $298 and labor would be $750 because of the dashboard would have to be removed.
The following users liked this post:
joedaddy1 (09-19-24)
Old 09-22-24 | 07:54 AM
Lesliesa
1st Gear

Default Same issue 2007 rx 350

Originally Posted by EaTown
I just drove an 08 RX with a dashboard clicking/tapping noise! It’s not coming from the AC. Following this thread to see if anyone knows what this could be. The dash on this vehicle was cracked and replaced so I wish they had noticed it when they had the dash off. Everyone is stumped.
I am having the exact same issue with my 2008 rx350.its been happening for about 2 years...off and on.The strange chirping noise and what sounds like something trying to turn on ...it's hard to explain the noise. Rustling and chirping. It happens off and on. Sometimes it wont happen for 5 months and all the sudden it starts up again. A.C doesn't change it. I turned the a.c off...noise continues. I moved the air vents around...no change. I opened the hood and I couldn't hear the noise in the engine area but I ca. Hear it inside the car ..on the driver's side dash area. It happens with the car in park and while driving. Turning the steering wheel has no affect on it either. I had my bearings and rods changed last year, I always get my oil changed and do all the preventive maintenance. Only other strange thing..may not be connected at all but ..lately when I'm turning even slightly while I'm breaking, the car makes a knocking noise. Other than that everything is good
Car has 166500 miles and I would like to get 100,000 more. Any thoughts ideas or advice? I truly appreciate any and all thoughts and ideas.
Old 09-23-24 | 04:38 AM
dm87
Driver School Candidate

Default Hvac air mode sevomotor

The Lexus dealership said it was HVAC AIR MODE SEVOMOTOR. The part would be around $298 and labor would be $750

Originally Posted by Lesliesa
I am having the exact same issue with my 2008 rx350.its been happening for about 2 years...off and on.The strange chirping noise and what sounds like something trying to turn on ...it's hard to explain the noise. Rustling and chirping. It happens off and on. Sometimes it wont happen for 5 months and all the sudden it starts up again. A.C doesn't change it. I turned the a.c off...noise continues. I moved the air vents around...no change. I opened the hood and I couldn't hear the noise in the engine area but I ca. Hear it inside the car ..on the driver's side dash area. It happens with the car in park and while driving. Turning the steering wheel has no affect on it either. I had my bearings and rods changed last year, I always get my oil changed and do all the preventive maintenance. Only other strange thing..may not be connected at all but ..lately when I'm turning even slightly while I'm breaking, the car makes a knocking noise. Other than that everything is good
Car has 166500 miles and I would like to get 100,000 more. Any thoughts ideas or advice? I truly appreciate any and all thoughts and ideas.
The following users liked this post:
Lesliesa (09-23-24)

Quick Reply: under dash clicking noise (see video): 07 RX350