Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

Why is DaveH's turbo ok to discuss and not Aldstadt's S/C

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-03, 02:16 PM
Vegassc400
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Why is DaveH's turbo ok to discuss and not Aldstadt's S/C

Just as the title says. According to some people it's because Ryan isn't an approved vendor so all the threads pertaining to this get closed. Neither is Dave H and a thread on his turbo kit stays open. I'm not trying to be a jerk. I'd really rather be able to have an open discussion of all the products available. Maybe there's something I don't know so please enlighten me.

Last edited by Vegassc400; 10-30-03 at 02:17 PM.
Old 10-30-03, 02:32 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator
Administrator

Received 2,337 Likes on 1,423 Posts

I don't read those threads too often unless somebody directs me that way... can you please post a couple of links that illustrate your question?

Off the top of my head (before I see the links you put up), I'd guess one of two things:

1) The arguments that have started regarding the RYA SC in nearly every thread
2) DaveH has only 54 posts on our forum (I haven't looked at 'em all, but the first one I found he started was also closed )... I don't think with that kind of volume he's personally really advertising his turbo kit all that much on CL. On the flip side, I know several of the RYA/Lextreme threads have had to be edited for advertising content from the vendors. So... second point would be the approach by the vendor participating in the thread.

Members discussing the product (without arguing or advertising for a vendor) no problem.
non-CL Vendors supporting the product a member has purchased without advertising no problem
non-CL Vendors initiating a discussion about the product - not allowed
non-CL Vendors providing detailed sales links and prices or group buy discussions - not allwed

Your Examples?

Last edited by DaveGS4; 10-30-03 at 02:38 PM.
Old 10-30-03, 02:49 PM
Vegassc400
Lexus Champion

In this thread that was closed you can see the Ryan (aldstadt) never even posted a reply to anything and it was closed.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d&pagenumber=3

In this thread, which is still being openly discussed, Dave H even partipated.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...threadid=96194

Like I said earlier, I'd rather just be able to have an open discussion of all the products. Not just limit it.
Old 10-30-03, 03:15 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator
Administrator

Received 2,337 Likes on 1,423 Posts

Originally posted by Vegassc400
In this thread that was closed you can see the Ryan (aldstadt) never even posted a reply to anything and it was closed.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d&pagenumber=3

In this thread, which is still being openly discussed, Dave H even partipated.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...threadid=96194

Like I said earlier, I'd rather just be able to have an open discussion of all the products. Not just limit it.
OK, thanks.

FIrst thread: Ryan's partner in the business Lextreme (from what I understand) was very active in posting on that one. If I recall correctly, the thread was closed after a number of other argumentative discussions and other locked threads about the same timeframe, all involving the RYA SC and many with direct advertising by the vendor. Hence the hard line and locked thread.

Second thread: See #2 above... Dave's post was purely to support a member question, not to promote anything. Big difference.

Originally posted by DaveH
Sorry bout that Alex, some of the earlier manifolds we made required the exh studs to be trimmed slightly. We changed the jig a little so the newer manifolds don't need that.

Dave

Its simply the approach of the vendor in both cases... taking advantage of the forum to sell stuff, or taking advantage of the forum to help support the stuff they sell and help our members. The approach taken by the vendor is a major factor in threads staying open or not.

Last edited by DaveGS4; 10-30-03 at 03:17 PM.
Old 10-30-03, 03:17 PM
Vegassc400
Lexus Champion

OK. Gotcha. Just wanted to see why one was OK and the other wasn't.