Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

Tein FLEX coilovers mistaken identity

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-03, 05:06 PM
hdsr09
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello. I just purchased Tein HA Coilover Suspension from rominl, and the agreed upon price was $600.00/shipped. I sent him payment via a USPS Money Order. After he received payment, He sent me a UPS Ground tracking number for my suspension that he was to send to me that I paid for. However, today I received the "package" and it was nothing but an empty bubble mailer with nothing in it. Could someone PLEASE contact Henry aka. rominl and find out from him what is going on, why he shipped me an empty bubble mailer, and why the suspension that I paid for wasn't shipped to me. I sent him the funds up front because he seems to have a VERY good reputation on this board, as well as the fact that he seems to be a moderator here as well. Could someone PLEASE help me figure out exactly what is going on. In his emails to me after the bubble mailer was shipped, he wrote to me as if he had sent me the suspension, although I now know that wasn't the case. Sincerely, Shawn
Old 10-30-03, 05:10 PM
hdsr09
Rookie

Hello. I just purchased Tein HA Coilover Suspension from rominl, and the agreed upon price was $600.00/shipped. I sent him payment via a USPS Money Order. After he received payment, He sent me a UPS Ground tracking number for my suspension that he was to send to me that I paid for. However, today I received the "package" and it was nothing but an empty bubble mailer with nothing in it. Could someone PLEASE contact Henry aka. rominl and find out from him what is going on, why he shipped me an empty bubble mailer, and why the suspension that I paid for wasn't shipped to me. I sent him the funds up front because he seems to have a VERY good reputation on this board, as well as the fact that he seems to be a moderator here as well. Could someone PLEASE help me figure out exactly what is going on. In his emails to me after the bubble mailer was shipped, he wrote to me as if he had sent me the suspension, although I now know that wasn't the case. Sincerely, Shawn
Old 10-30-03, 05:13 PM
Letsride

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts

WHAT?? That does not sound like Henry..... I'm sure he'll be here shortly.....
Old 10-30-03, 05:16 PM
Letsride

Arrow

I juus PM'ed him regarding this ....you may want to do the same
Old 10-30-03, 05:25 PM
chuckisc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Let's get ready to rumble!!! I think this must be a mistake or loss shipment!!!! Romi will take care of this matter!
Old 10-30-03, 05:26 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally posted by hdsr09
shawn, i got your pm and replied it. i toally have no idea what's going on at all @_@ i sold my HA a while ago way back in may this year and i sold it to someone locally in LA who picked it up from my wife directly. i never sold my HA and send it out using UPS though. we definitely need to figure out what's going on, this does not sound good at all.
Old 10-30-03, 05:39 PM
Letsride

I would also suggest that you edit these posts unless you dont get it resolved. This has got to be some sort of mixup. No need to ruin the guys reputation unless you have concrete proof.
Old 10-30-03, 05:43 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

it's ok, i don't take it personally at all. i can definitely understand shawn's frustration. i have talked to shawn already and it seems to be some sort of scam. before any further information to be released, let's put any rumors to minimal. i am going to do my best to help shawn to clear up what's going on. thanks for everyone who let me know about the issue, i greatly apprecaite it. once everything is clear i will post up more info in another separate thread so everyone can read about it. i don't want to hijack this thread.

thanks everyone
Old 10-30-03, 05:44 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

i have talked to shawn already and it seems to be some sort of scam. before any further information to be released, let's put any rumors to minimal. i am going to do my best to help shawn to clear up what's going on. thanks for everyone who let me know about the issue, i greatly apprecaite it. once everything is clear i will post up more info in another separate thread so everyone can read about it. i don't want to hijack this thread.

thanks everyone
Old 10-30-03, 05:44 PM
Letsride

Old 10-30-03, 05:46 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 359 Likes on 229 Posts

I'm sorry to say but you have the wrong person hdsr09. It appears that you may have been scammed by someone. Henry's kit has been sold for a long time and whomever you have been in contact with is obviously not him. I would advise you take action immediately against the person you sent the money order to by filing a fraud complaint to the address you sent it to. Either your local PD or the one local to the address you mailed to will handle it.

Again, you are accusing the wrong person.
Old 10-30-03, 06:31 PM
hdsr09
Rookie

Ok. Thanx for the clarification. I paid the scam artist $600.00 via a USPS Money Order made out to "Henry Chan". I also sent it to a residential address, so obviously he lives there or someone there received it for him. For those of you who know, what would be trhe best and most effective method of getting my money back? I don't want to go a route that will result in me getting nothing back. What steps should I take? How should I involve the Post Office, if at all? I was thinking about bringing a couple of friends who are quite persuasive and just driving to the address I mailed the Money Order to in California. I live in Las Vegas, so it would not be too much of an ordeal. Anybody been through this before that can point me in the right direction? Any and All help/info would be GREATLY appreciated. Sorry for the post Henry... Shawn
Old 10-30-03, 06:32 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 359 Likes on 229 Posts

OOps, me and henry double posted

I wanted to mention that USPS money orders are fraud protected and if you file a fraud complaint the US marshal will show up on your door if it is above $500.00 They are the safest MO's you can use. By sending the money order through USPS it is mail fraud, which is a felony. also the MO is protected against fraud by the US mail fraud act.

eitherway, you should be ok. just get to the post office and do the paper work.

Last edited by O. L. T.; 10-30-03 at 06:32 PM.
Old 10-30-03, 06:42 PM
hdsr09
Rookie

Originally posted by O. L. T.
OOps, me and henry double posted

I wanted to mention that USPS money orders are fraud protected and if you file a fraud complaint the US marshal will show up on your door if it is above $500.00 They are the safest MO's you can use. By sending the money order through USPS it is mail fraud, which is a felony. also the MO is protected against fraud by the US mail fraud act.

eitherway, you should be ok. just get to the post office and do the paper work.

So what steps should I go through? This guy was pretty brave AND smart... He gave me a real name to make the money order out to, he gave an address to receive it at, and he even emailed me a pic of used Tein's when I was asking him about them!

Anyway, how is the MO protected by the US Mail Fraud Act? In what ways is it protected? Do I file a fraud complaint at my local post office? Do I just deal with the post office, or do I involve any other people/authorities? I haven't really dealt with blatant fraud like this before, and I have heard most claims such as this end up at a dead end... I would like to go through the necessary channels to avoid ending up at a dead end with this and the guy getting away clean... Shawn
Old 10-30-03, 06:54 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,275 Likes on 1,382 Posts

Shawn,

How did this guy initially contact you? Besides the email, did he ever send you a PM online?

Also (as you already know) our Henry (Rominl)'s last name is not Chan.