Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

Stay logged in?

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-23, 02:12 PM
KennyFSU
Instructor

Received 325 Likes on 206 Posts
Default Stay logged in?

No matter what browser I'm using, CL logs me out after a few hours. Can that be changed? None of my other forums log me out like that.
Old 11-07-23, 02:18 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,252 Likes on 1,366 Posts

Hopefully @IB JT has some ideas for you

In the interim can you share the device and browsers you have tried?

Do you have Two-step Authentication turned on? And when you did that, did you check the 'enable for 30 days' button?
Old 11-07-23, 02:25 PM
KennyFSU
Instructor

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
Hopefully @IB JT has some ideas for you

In the interim can you share the device and browsers you have tried?

Do you have Two-step Authentication turned on? And when you did that, did you check the 'enable for 30 days' button?
I've used Edge, Firefox, and Chrome.

I do have the "30 days" button checked but not 2 step auth. Thanks.
Old 11-07-23, 02:40 PM
IB JT
IB Staff

Received 62 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by KennyFSU
No matter what browser I'm using, CL logs me out after a few hours. Can that be changed? None of my other forums log me out like that.
This is because you're using a Google-based login. They are based on sessions, which expire after X inactivity and/or the browser being closed. This is functioning as intended.

For cookie-based logins, you need to have a regular account that uses a username and password login. We can convert your account to a regular account but the Google login may no longer work or the session issue will continue unless you use a username and password login instead of the Google-based login.
The following users liked this post:
KennyFSU (11-07-23)
Old 11-07-23, 03:20 PM
KennyFSU
Instructor

That makes sense, thanks for the clarification. If you could, convert my account to user/pw login, please.
Old 06-22-24, 10:03 AM
DrGteYe
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by IB JT
This is because you're using a Google-based login. They are based on sessions, which expire after X inactivity and/or the browser being closed. This is functioning as intended.

For cookie-based logins, you need to have a regular account that uses a username and password login. We can convert your account to a regular account but the Google login may no longer work or the session issue will continue unless you use a username and password login instead of the Google-based login.
Is there a way to convert my account as well? I thought having a Google-based login would keep it simple 😂