Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

Suggest different FAQ organization of content

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-03, 03:59 PM
MickeyLex
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suggest different FAQ organization of content

I regularly visit this site for my GS and the NSX site (www.nsxprime.com) for my NSX and I wanted to suggest that an FAQ similar in format (obviously different content) be set up on CL. The FAQ in this format would answer many of the questions that are asked several times and would provide a single place to get information most people need. You wouldn't exactly copy the format from nsxprime, but use it as a concept for how to organize the content on the CL FAQ. The Library on CL attempts to provide an FAQ, but could be organized better. Take a look at www.nsxprime.com and see the FAQ section. It tells just about everything there is to know about the NSX. I think something like this on CL would be useful, though it would be a little more complicated due to the many different Lexus models discussed on this site. I think the CL site looks better from a design standpoint, but the FAQ like the NSX FAQ would be a really useful tool. Also place the FAQ in a really prominent position on the CL homepage and get people to used to looking there first, instead of posting a question that has been answered already many times. This way we would create a huge libary of information that everyone could use anytime they needed it rather than having to search for a thread on specific topics (they could just search the FAQ). I really like the CL site and was hoping to offer some advice from another site that has a really good FAQ.
Old 12-02-03, 04:38 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,285 Likes on 1,391 Posts

Mickey,

Thanks for the suggestion!

Since we've got an NSX and a GS as well, I frequent NSXPrime but have never really noticed a big FAQ section. Are you talking about the "New & Prospective Owners / Car History / Comparisons" Forum?

Also I suspect you don't have access to a lot of the library details that paid CL members get, although FAQ like you're talking about aren't one of them. There's a lot more content on our forum than you'd think that people don't go looking for.

The different models will make it very difficult to set something like that up, but perhaps a combined 'new members' and copy FAQ posts from each forum into it where appropriate.
Old 12-02-03, 06:31 PM
MickeyLex
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default thanks for following up.

Now thats what I call good support for forums and why I like CL so much. I posted my suggestion just hours ago and already got feedback on it from the forum admin. Excellent!

The section I'm talking about can be found here: http://nsxprime.com/FAQ/faq.htm
There is also a "new/prospective buyers" thread, but thats not the FAQ tool.
Old 12-04-03, 05:16 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 360 Likes on 230 Posts

Although not an faq, there are several DIY's and resources for owners that are wonderful in the Club Lexus Library for paid members.

however, anyone can view the information by model section, and that's very close to the faq.
here's the one i view for my SC:

https://www.clublexus.com/index.php/article/archive/77/

Last edited by O. L. T.; 12-04-03 at 05:23 PM.