Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

new post emails?

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-03 | 07:40 AM
lexcoupe
Lexus Test Driver

Default new post emails?

I am just curious, i used to get emails from CL saying that there was a new post in a thread that i subscribed to, and i have all the right buttons pushed on my forum options. I havent gotten any of these emails lately, and i am just wondering what happened? If you could shoot me an email at ficti0n00@aol.com that would be great, because i probably wont get an email from CL saying that someone posted in the thread.

Kevin
Old 12-31-03 | 07:46 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Kevin,

You'll just have to check back here in person to read the response for now (not sending email ). There seems to be an intermittenet issue with email notifications over the last few months on CL. The tech folks fix it, it stops again. Not sure what the cause is but the root issue just doesn't ever seem to get resolved.

If you wait a bit it'll get fixed and you'll get a flood of email notifications for all the threads you've subscribed to. Sorry for the inconvenience, wish there was something I could do about it.
Old 12-31-03 | 07:59 AM
lexcoupe
Lexus Test Driver

ok its fine, i was just wondering what happened to it. No need for the email now, thanks for the quick reply.

Kevin
Old 01-03-04 | 09:44 PM
PERRYinLA
Racer

I'm glad I'm not the only one that this is happening to, but if it was happening to everyone else, I'd have expected quite a few more posts to this thread by now.

Is this a problem with vBulletin Version 2.2.9, or CL's servers?
Old 01-04-04 | 02:14 PM
spinaltoad
Driver

the servers email is working fine. Most likely its vbulletin or isp's finally updating there mx records to match our new internet connection we got a month agoe. It usually takes a month or two for the new routes to be updates at all the internet service providers.
Old 01-20-04 | 11:31 AM
PERRYinLA
Racer

Default No AOL jokes, please!

Sorry if I seem to be a pest on this issue, but I'm getting the sneaky feeling that not everyone is suffering from this "no emails when new posts appear" problem (although I sure am- for more than a month!).

Perhaps that's why I have not seen too many posts on this issue. Maybe the problem is only with AOL users? I get my email through AOL, as does lexcoupe, who first reported this problem (see above).

Should I notify AOL to update their IP / MX configuration and if so, what exactly do I tell them?

Last edited by PERRYinLA; 01-20-04 at 03:38 PM.
Old 01-20-04 | 07:43 PM
spinaltoad
Driver

You could check with AOL, there is no way for me to check because AOL keeps a private list of who they consider spam.
Old 01-20-04 | 08:18 PM
PERRYinLA
Racer

So, are you saying that all CL members are being emailed notifications normally, and that the problem resides with certain member email providers, such as AOL?

If so, are you getting the emails that were intended for me bounced back from AOL? If so, please forward one to me so I can show it to AOL.

I'll be glad to call AOL and raise hell, but I need confirmation that all is normal on CL's side, and the way the posts are reading above, that's not entirely clear.
Old 01-26-04 | 07:38 PM
PERRYinLA
Racer

Post <knock knock!>

Helloooooooooo? Anyone home?
Old 01-26-04 | 07:39 PM
spinaltoad
Driver

kind of tough to shift through 3,000 emails
Old 01-27-04 | 02:31 PM
PERRYinLA
Racer

Default Let's try this again.......

Sorry if you thought I was asking you to sift through 3,000 emails- I'm not. If you have a "spinaltoad@clublexus.com" account, or something like that, you could try sending that to me and lexcoupe and seeing what happens.

I'm just looking for some information to act on. You're telling me to "check with AOL", which I'll be glad to, but from the posts above it is not clear 'zactly what I'm supposed to have them check.

The only thing that seems certain is that 2 AOL users are no longer getting new post emails from CL. I've been on both AOL and CL for years, and got hundreds of CL emails on my AOL account until last month. I didn't tell them to filter anything out, and judging from the dozens of junk emails I still get daily, they have not taken it upon themselves to filter out anything, either.
Old 01-27-04 | 02:56 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Just use your Message Center, accomplishes the same goal and avoids clicking back and forth through those emails!! I hate that damn notification thing, I can not check my email for 3-4days and have 1,300 or so new emails!!!

When that new GS thread was popular, I wanted to throw my yahoo account away!! LOL

The problem is, when you turn the email notiication off, your message center doenst work correctly!
Old 01-27-04 | 03:49 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Just for an additional point , I have stopped getting notifications to my AOL account as well.

I'm going to turn on notifications for this thread (which I don't ususally use) and confirm it doesn't come through.
Old 01-27-04 | 03:49 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Test test
Old 01-27-04 | 03:53 PM
PERRYinLA
Racer

Default (helping out my buddy Dave here....)

test test test

Quick Reply: new post emails?