Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

New PMs button never worked

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-04, 10:13 AM
siniquezu
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New PMs button never worked

When I am in my user control panel, there is a button for new PMs. How come it doesn't take me to make a new PM but rather it takes me to the View all PMs. The new PMs button has never worked. Isn't it redundant then?
Old 04-16-04, 10:17 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,285 Likes on 1,391 Posts

Can you put a screenshot or link to the feature you're talking about? I've either never seen it or never tried to use it.
Old 04-16-04, 10:23 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Aha, think I know what you're talking about...

This page, right?

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/usercp.php

That link is the title for a box which would list all new private messages if you had any in your inbox. Send yourself one and you'll see it populated.

It was never meant to be 'send new private message'... it's just a hotlinked URL for 'view new private messages'.

This is pretty much delivered vbulletin software, we aren't likely to change it. If you want a 'create new private message, add this link to your favorites or create an IE button for it on your browser.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/pri...ion=newmessage
Old 04-16-04, 10:24 AM
siniquezu
Lexus Champion

I click on the Forums button (above) and under it I click Message center. There is an option for New Priveate Messages and view all Private messages. The New PMs doesn't work differently from the View all. Can we make the New PMs create new PMs?
Old 04-16-04, 10:29 AM
siniquezu
Lexus Champion

Yeah that's the page. It just seems that the View all PMs and the New PMs are the same button. Kinda redundant.
Old 04-16-04, 10:29 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Originally posted by siniquezu
I click on the Forums button (above) and under it I click Message center. There is an option for New Priveate Messages and view all Private messages. The New PMs doesn't work differently from the View all. Can we make the New PMs create new PMs?
Sorry, no... same thing I posted above. Not widely used and we've got a workaround.

I think it's working as intended... if its not, the vbulletin folks may fix it in the new release we're putting in.

Last edited by DaveGS4; 04-16-04 at 10:29 AM.