Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

More categories for the SC section?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-04, 10:51 PM
vredniykot
Lexus Test Driver

Received 65 Likes on 55 Posts
Thumbs up More categories for the SC section?

I think it would be way easier for all Lexus enthusiasts to search the forums for a particular topic
and it would save our outstanding Moderators a whole deal of time if you guys would add few more categories along with Suspension and Handling and Engine sections, like maybe Transmition, Interior, Electrical, Sound System, etc, etc,

dont get me wrong, I love reading all the posts here - learn something new every day

maybe we should get a poll going or something <-------- $|\/|@rT@$$

it's all good
Old 05-24-04, 05:39 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,252 Likes on 1,366 Posts
Default Re: More categories for the SC section?

Originally posted by vredniykot
I think it would be way easier for all Lexus enthusiasts to search the forums for a particular topic
and it would save our outstanding Moderators a whole deal of time if you guys would add few more categories along with Suspension and Handling and Engine sections, like maybe Transmition, Interior, Electrical, Sound System, etc, etc,

dont get me wrong, I love reading all the posts here - learn something new every day
Thanks for the suggestion! We actually catergorize a lot of that stuff in other forums already:

For example
Suspension and handling includes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Forced Induction, Engine and Transmission Section Intakes, exhausts, FI, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

There are separate forums for items that are more similar across models you mention like sound system if you'll just scroll down on the forum list here for example.

What you suggest would actually be *more* work for our moderators because many newer members don't put items in the right forums and they have to be moved. If your concern is being able to search the forum for a particular topic, try the advanced search which allows you to search ALL the forums (or select all the SC forums for example) for a combination of keywords.

Last edited by DaveGS4; 05-24-04 at 05:40 AM.