Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!
View Poll Results: Are the ES300 subforums neccessary?
Yes
44.44%
No
55.56%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Subforums Neccessary?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-04, 01:56 PM
mcelligott
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Subforums Neccessary?

This issue has come up a few times, and myself and other members have talked about it off the forum. Do we really need multiple forums in the ES section? In my opinion, the ES section 1. does not move fast enough 2. most of the posts in those sections were moved by mods 3. Noone, including me seems to have read those forums since they originated.

So, my request is to close those 2 sub forums and make the ES section 1 single forum to make it easier to read and post in. I am also posting a poll to make sure it's not just a small group of us who feel this way.

Thanks!
McElligott

Last edited by mcelligott; 06-09-04 at 01:58 PM.
Old 06-09-04, 02:16 PM
Toysrme
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

I agree, although I do read the sub forums on occasion, everything would be better off in our case in one forum.

Edit

I voted backwards... I wanted it to be disbanded. (I thought i was vote yes to disband... Was in a hurry & didn't read) SO it should be 3-0. MOD please edit the poll for me

Last edited by Toysrme; 06-09-04 at 02:59 PM.
Old 06-09-04, 06:47 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,252 Likes on 1,366 Posts

Originally posted by Toysrme

I voted backwards... I wanted it to be disbanded. (I thought i was vote yes to disband... Was in a hurry & didn't read) SO it should be 3-0. MOD please edit the poll for me
Fixed, although I voted backwards too and had to fix it as well, lol.

McE, appreciate the input and we'll take it under consideration. However, we do want all the model forums to have the same look, feel and rules to them.

The threads in those forum have a decent number of views, so somebody is looking at them. There are a couple of ways to make sure not to miss posts. The green light appears next to the subforum when there are new posts to look at. Second, I personally use a 'view posts by date' search which gives all posts in a forum (including subforums). I've pasted in one specifically for the ES forum below which folks could bookmark if they want.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sea...tnew&forumid=8

Finally, you can subscribe to a sub forum to be notified when there are new posts in it

Just wanted to let folks know there are indicators and alternatives if you think you're missing something .
Old 06-09-04, 08:39 PM
Toysrme
Lead Lap

Cool

Yes, but indicators only work if:
1) you're saving cookies
2) you're logged in

Not an option we all have everywhere we want to. I check a million forums at work through out the day, but don't log in. Too hard to keep track of a million posts.

Love ya Dave! btw love the homepage there
<cgts>
Old 06-09-04, 08:42 PM
juan01
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't think they are necessary in the ES forum. But I understand the admin point of view of wanting to have the same look... hmmm
Old 06-09-04, 09:01 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,252 Likes on 1,366 Posts

Originally posted by Toysrme
Yes, but indicators only work if:
1) you're saving cookies
2) you're logged in

Not an option we all have everywhere we want to. I check a million forums at work through out the day, but don't log in. Too hard to keep track of a million posts.

Love ya Dave! btw love the homepage there
<cgts>
Sounds like that custom search option I've got above is just perfect for you, lol
Old 06-10-04, 07:37 PM
ddarbs55
Lead Lap

Originally posted by DaveGS4
Sounds like that custom search option I've got above is just perfect for you, lol
sounds like a new job would do better for him. a million posts...what the heck do you do for work??
j/k Toysrme, couldn't resist. good luck on the forum change.
-d.