Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

Kimmel & Silverman (Lemon Law Lawyers)

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-04, 07:50 AM
<VENOM>
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by genearch
How disappointing.. While I don't like the exterior of the QX, the interior is pretty nice
The problem is most of the people who bought the QX56 bought it with the intent that a 55k luxury vehicle has a much higher level of quality but truth be told it's a rebadged Armada.
Old 07-21-04, 07:51 AM
<VENOM>
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by Cessna172
Ok rant off
see how easy it is to just start ranting, you don't even realize it
Old 07-21-04, 08:02 AM
<VENOM>
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by RAINMN60
They are going to replace the driveshaft AGAIN!
So I see your problem is the driveshaft, ever glance in the rearview cause you think someone hit you I have/had the thump, after 15,000 miles the driveshaft has worn in and the thump is gone, never got the new driveshaft, the new driveshaft is suppost to have different splines that actually wear faster to eliminate the thump, now stay with me just to keep your sanity cause owning a car and making continued trips to the dealer can actually make you feel like a kid sitting in the doctors office in your underwear

Check your repair invoice and make sure their not replacing your old driveshaft with the same exact driveshaft they took out, someone over on yotatech went in to have the sulfur TSB performed and they replaced the old cats with the exact same cats so after he confirmed they replaced a faulty part with the same faulty part they ordered him new cats and put them on problem solved, remember some of the guys who work in dealers are not the brightest

With your new driveshaft, do you drive with it for so many miles or you just hit the brakes leaving the dealer lot hear the thump and turn around, I think it takes several thousand miles to wear in, the driveshaft does move back and forth several inches, also several of the 4Runner owners have eliminated the thump by just greasing the driveshaft, has Lexus done that for you it's suppost to be done every 5k according to the maintenance manual.

Anyways good day
Old 07-21-04, 08:38 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,281 Likes on 1,387 Posts

I take offense to that, I like lawyer talk, in fact I love lawyer talk. I study law all the time. It is very fasinating.

And that is not true that there are not issues that qualify the GX to be a lemon. If I had the thumping driveline, I would be all over the lemon law. You bet I would be. That thing would be history doubletime.

The "Song & Beverly Act" does not say it has to be a safety issue to qualify. I know the laws, I went through it twice.

I really find it offensive (especially from a moderator) that one feels the need to think to know what it is like to walk in another man's shoes with regard to a problem one might be having with a particular vehicle.

[Ok rant off]

Now back to our regularly scheduled program....
Cessna,

Since you like reading laws, please pay close attention to the forum rules you agreed to when you joined ClubLexus Click for the rules

Moderators
ClubLexus Moderators are a group of volunteers to help facilitate discussion on ClubLexus. They should not to be argued with in public when enforcing forum rules and guidelines. All members are welcome to speak with the moderators about their concerns in a polite and calm manner in private. If you have a complaint, you can contact the administrator.

Do not smart off to moderators. They are here by choice alone, and have been bestowed the privilege of maintaining this wonderful site, and acting on direct authority from the Owner and Administrator himself to enforce the rules, regulations, etiquette, and desired environment.

If you have any questions, comments, or issues with a moderator, please contact the administrator at administrator@clublexus.com.
You might like reading and studying law, but if you aren't a Judge then it's just your personal opinion... just like what Gene posted is his. He's trying to keep this conversation within reasonable boundaries for our forum and your public response to his post is clearly against forum rules. If you have problems with what a moderator says, you have recourse as spelled out in the link above. Read them twice if you like , but do not smart off again please.

Last edited by DaveGS4; 07-21-04 at 08:44 AM.
Old 07-21-04, 08:59 AM
Cessna172
Driver

Originally posted by DaveGS4
Cessna,

Since you like reading laws, please pay close attention to the forum rules you agreed to when you joined ClubLexus Click for the rules

You might like reading and studying law, but if you aren't a Judge then it's just your personal opinion... just like what Gene posted is his. He's trying to keep this conversation within reasonable boundaries for our forum and your public response to his post is clearly against forum rules. If you have problems with what a moderator says, you have recourse as spelled out in the link above. Read them twice if you like , but do not smart off again please.
WHATEVER, old news already.
Old 07-21-04, 09:10 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,281 Likes on 1,387 Posts

WHATEVER, old news already.
Apparently you didn't read it twice.

This thread is closed.