Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

Perhaps a CL news section?

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-04, 03:59 PM
TCwindom
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Perhaps a CL news section?

I've recently entered the CL photography contest... and I wish there was some way I could tell where the voting will go on after it's over... and how the prize giving will go on.

I notice that there are alot more things along this line on this site... and wondered if perhaps you guys would make a section devoted to news (ex: contests, shows, etc.) I think it would be a good way to get things out there, and for us to ask questions to get questions straigtened out. This way nothing is unclear.

Just a proposal... maybe i've missed something?

Thanks guys...
Derrick
Old 08-01-04, 06:35 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,286 Likes on 1,392 Posts

Good idea Derrick, here's how we typically handle stuff like this.

We use either the home page or announcements in the forums (or both) to inform members about contests, news, articles etc. Not enough people go to the home page, but that should change with our upgrade as we're making it much more functionally rich.

https://www.clublexus.com will take you to the home page, or click on the 'home' in the top left.

For example, the photo contest article is right there at the top of the current home page and it should cover most of the questions you have, and it also tells you who is running the contest to ask more specific questions if the writeup doesn't answer them.

https://www.clublexus.com/index.php/...iew/2285/1/10/

This (Site suggestions and questions) forum is the place to ask questions about anyting CL related just like you did.

Last edited by DaveGS4; 08-01-04 at 06:38 PM.
Old 08-01-04, 08:29 PM
TCwindom
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks dave, i was just just throwing it out there.

thanks for the info... this is just a HUGE site/forum and sometimes can be hard to navigate.

lol, and with the last statement are you giving me props for posting in the right place so you didn't have to move the thread? lol.

I try to pay some attention

thanks again
Old 08-01-04, 09:34 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,286 Likes on 1,392 Posts

Originally posted by TCwindom
lol, and with the last statement are you giving me props for posting in the right place so you didn't have to move the thread? lol.

Not everyone is as considerate