Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

Disappointed in Junction Produce...

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-04, 01:21 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

man does that mean i should hold off my purchase?
Old 08-16-04, 01:24 PM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Yah....no one should fault John on this.....Im sure John would love to complete ALL orders ASAP....I don't know any legit re-seller who enjoys making ppl wait......delays happen....thats the fact of life....99.99% due to the manufacturer or from the shipper...more so on jdm parts....so any ETA should be taken with a grain of salt. For outrageous delays, I'd ask for a small discount.
Old 08-16-04, 01:56 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I don't want this to become a "defend John" thread but I agree with the others. John loves this aftermarket stuff and would love to help out others to do the same. He is, however, only somewhat a front man for JP. He can facilitate orders and issues but he does not own JP. He can escalate issues to JP but if the owners don't give a favorable response, he has to be the bearer of bad news.

JP is a stable company but they are not a big company. Most of these aftermarket companies are relatively small. The markup for John is also pretty small, especially when he tries to help out CL members. I'm sure he may be willing to give some small discount but it will more than likely come out of his pockets and not JP. If you don't like how JP does business, vote in terms of business. Don't give them any in the future. If you like their products and their business structure is the way it is, you'll just have to live with it. I'm not saying it's fair, just the way it is.

rookie,
I do feel bad about your disappointment and hope things work out for you.
Old 08-16-04, 07:24 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,462 Likes on 1,615 Posts

A restocking fee for something that was never delivered? I wouldn't tolerate it and I'd dispute the charge with your credit card issuer. You'll win.
Old 08-16-04, 07:40 PM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

No offense to John, and this is nothing personal....but this is B.S.!!!

This thread reminds me of the I Forged thread a few months ago, and everyone was ready to lynch I Forged....whats so different about this?

The bottom line is if someone takes on the responsibility of becoming a vendor, front man, or whatever else you want to call it....then that person/ company then becomes responsible for the entire transaction.....including the issues. You cant sell items as a vendor, then pass the buck whenever something goes south! That isnt how business works!

It blows my mind on how complacent and accepting enthusiasts as consumers have become. I have built many of cars in my time, and I am well aware of the pains of waiting on a car to be done or a part to come in (as you may be able to tell by the words in my sig). Don't confuse my many experiences in the "waiting game" as accepting to the circumstances. It is completely unacceptable for any business to tell you a time line on an item, and have that time line double or triple AFTER they have your money on a so called special order part. The only thing special about the JDM parts, are the simple fact that they have to come from overseas...thus the long wait on the ocean freight, customs, etc, etc.. If its going to be three months, then they should let the customer know up front....if nothing else, over estimate the time line.
Old 08-16-04, 08:17 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

to everyone, i think everyone got their points of view and i like the way everyone is presenting them opinions without putting too much fire.

there are always two sides to a story. i have already talked to john personally about this incident and about what's going on. i heard some different insights and etc... i am not going to disclose any of the conversation i have with john, i will respect him and leave that to him, if he chooses to say anything here.

i myself, let's just say i agree a lot about being a vendor you will have to take all the risk and do full refund if needed, specially in this case when the product isn't even shipped.

yes waiting game is always there with jdm stuff, however i personally don't really believe in stuff that's without time management. japanese when they do stuff they take their time for quality but they still work fast and effiecient. if there is anything in the path that causes any delay, imho there is always someone to blame and should be responsible

personally, in short, just use the excuse "it's jdm and you will have to wait" is just very lame. if there are other excuses, then it depends on the situation
Old 08-16-04, 08:25 PM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

personally, in short, just use the excuse "it's jdm and you will have to wait" is just very lame. if there are other excuses, then it depends on the situation
I agree 110%

By the way, just to be clear of my post....I am not throwing John under the bus by my comments. It sets me off to hear people automatically assume that we as consumers should be "OK" with being decieved on our purchases, even worse, expect it to happen. And Im not necessarily talking about this particular situation, becuase I do not know all of the facts...nor do I care to. I was more so aiming my comments towards some of the "oh well, suck it up" type of replies on this post...then again, its not their money floating out there indefinitely either.

Last edited by TTurboPimp; 08-16-04 at 08:30 PM.
Old 08-16-04, 08:26 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by TTurboPimp
I agree 110%
gosh i don't know how many people i pissed with my comments?
Old 08-16-04, 08:33 PM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

Call it like you see it brotha......you can never be faulted for that!
Old 08-16-04, 08:46 PM
GSXOTIC
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Henry,,, I agree with you on this as well. I don't know John personally but I have heard a lot of good things about him. However, if the story presented by r00kie is true I think there is no excuse and charging for restocking fee will be outrageous! I was surprised initially how many people actually defending the vendor here, but I bet if today this is someone other than John, I think the reaction will be totally different.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...hreadid=129530

The above thread show you a class act from a non vendor but a trust worthy long time member here.

The bottomline, trust takes a long time to build but one bad instance can ruin a good reputation. Myself is doing similar business without the sponsor, if something like this happen I don't think people will be happy with me, too.

John, please don't take this personally. I am just presenting my opinion because myself is also thinking about getting the taillight.
Old 08-16-04, 08:52 PM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

one bad instance can ruin a good reputation
case in point, this thread!

If rookie would have recieved his tails as a happy consumer, he would have posted a positive message that a few people would have commented on. Instead he posted a bad experience that a ton of people have read and will remember...wether or not this will affect JP's sales in the US, who knows....but it sure aint gonna help!

I'll shut up now!
Old 08-16-04, 09:30 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally posted by TTurboPimp
Don't confuse my many experiences in the "waiting game" as accepting to the circumstances. It is completely unacceptable for any business to tell you a time line on an item, and have that time line double or triple AFTER they have your money on a so called special order part. The only thing special about the JDM parts, are the simple fact that they have to come from overseas...thus the long wait on the ocean freight, customs, etc, etc.. If its going to be three months, then they should let the customer know up front....if nothing else, over estimate the time line.
I agree with this. I don't like the state of the JDM parts marketplace either. The way things work has forced many of us to have to deal with situations we would not normally put up with. But other than trying to hurt them at the pocketbooks buy not buying, what else can we do to institute changes?

It seems like there are delays with ordering from most of the Japanese companies. What about the few that are good at meeting deadlines? For example (for illustration purposes only), if Veilside always deliver on time and we all want to reward the "good" companies with business, we'd all have Veilside kits. We won't have other kits since we are staying away from "bad" companies. All this won't happen because many of us don't want to be clones of each other. We are the forced to deal with the "bad" companies and all their shortcomings.

I wish there was a good way to make things change for the better (and sooner). The restocking fee for something undelivered is a non-consumer friendly policy and I don't like it either. When I buy electronics on the net and see a place (even though with better pricing but) with a restocking fee, I avoid it. In this situation, it is hard to avoid since JP is currently the only game in town.

I do hope that a favorable conclusion can be worked out for both parties.

BTW, Jeff, I had a good chuckle with your sig. Are you sure about Aug 04? Aug is already half way over.
Old 08-16-04, 09:38 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by Neo
I agree with this. I don't like the state of the JDM parts marketplace either. The way things work has forced many of us to have to deal with situations we would not normally put up with. But other than trying to hurt them at the pocketbooks buy not buying, what else can we do to institute changes?
that's very true.

What happens sometimes is, when you buy from a JDM company that has their own division or distributor here, orders tend to get delayed. Not the fault of the people in charge of taking orders here, but somewhere in Japan, whether it's people who takes orders THERE, or the manufacturing side.

From this instance it seems like John is a good person (no personal experiences here) and it's safe to say that JP Japan took way too long in backing up their US operations.

But when you buy from a JDM importer that's a different story. I've bought stuff from places like Japanparts.com, where you order through them, they buy the stuff then ship over here. Always delivers on time, no problems. I guess when people try to talk internationally, it doesn't work too well (QUEST never replied to my 500 e-mails I sent them )
Old 08-16-04, 09:52 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have bought from (Junction Produce) john before

and can't say one bad thing

received everything in a timely fashion

i understand where everyone is coming from

but r00kie

if you want ill take those tails off of you

lets set something up with John

and this way you wont have to pay this restocking fee

let me know

johnny
Old 08-16-04, 10:54 PM
Wald GS
O.C. Lucky Strike Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Things from Japan take a very long time. I had to wait 2.5 months for my custom order for the tein cs coilovers. It was well worth the wait and you appreciate your tailights even more when they get here. Just be patient as it is coming...

Quick Reply: Disappointed in Junction Produce...