Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

free bumps= deleted posts

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-04, 11:54 PM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default free bumps= deleted posts

ok i have recently posted in the classifieds section on another members thread he was selling his wheels i simply said " very nice wheels and a nice car to match free bump for you " and a mod [letsride] deleted my post and pm'd me a said no free bumps WHY !! i can look in the classifieds forum right now and i see and several other high posters giving free bumps now please tell me whats going on .......

Last edited by lexusondubs; 02-06-07 at 08:26 AM.
Old 08-31-04, 08:42 AM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

shawn just read this :

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...hreadid=132218

there is nothing wrong with the seller bumping his posts but there are individuals that try to increase post count by just bumping adds in the classifieds. This causes the seller's post to become cluttered and does not really help the seller.

Old 08-31-04, 09:01 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,286 Likes on 1,392 Posts

TLW is right on, and in addition we had people seriously abuse the 'bump' rule and pop their items for sale up (and get others to do it for them too) to the point the forums were 1/2 full of old for sale items and the "normal sellers" stuff got pushed to the bottom. We had items that were trying to sell for several months at the top of a classified forum because of the bumps.

Because of this we implemented some bump rules & limits on number of times an item can be pushed to the top. If an item is getting 'too many bumps' by posts such as yours, it's likely that it will be locked because its exceeded the 10 bumps. That's not fair to the seller who sometimes isn't involved in the bumping, so sometimes mods will delete unnecessary bumps (when it's still on the front page for example) and PM the person who did it.

Last edited by DaveGS4; 08-31-04 at 09:02 AM.
Old 08-31-04, 01:27 PM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

as long as the rules are inforced with everybody and high posters are not favored i do not have a problem with the rules ... but like i said i was appreciating his wheel/car combo i wasnt trying to add post count i just liked his car
Old 08-31-04, 02:07 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,286 Likes on 1,392 Posts

Originally posted by lexusondubs
as long as the rules are inforced with everybody and high posters are not favored i do not have a problem with the rules ... but like i said i was appreciating his wheel/car combo i wasnt trying to add post count i just liked his car
Agree. There isn't favoritism here just trying to keep the un-needed and off-topic comments and (often over-zealous) bumping out of the classifieds. Moderators don't read every single thread so I'm sure some get through.

Some members care about the post count, but honestly it's a total distraction from the value our members provide to the forum IMO. High post counts mean nothing, it's the content of the posts that matter. The issue here in the classifieds is about keeping the threads on topic and keeping abuse of the bumping of for sale posts to a minimum.
Old 08-31-04, 02:13 PM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

Originally posted by DaveGS4
Agree. There isn't favoritism here just trying to keep the un-needed and off-topic comments and (often over-zealous) bumping out of the classifieds. Moderators don't read every single thread so I'm sure some get through.

Some members care about the post count, but honestly it's a total distraction from the value our members provide to the forum IMO. High post counts mean nothing, it's the content of the posts that matter. The issue here in the classifieds is about keeping the threads on topic and keeping abuse of the bumping of for sale posts to a minimum.
AGREED !!!!!
Old 09-02-04, 04:47 PM
Letsride

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts

....and just to reiterate the explanation was sent to you when you PM'ed me.