Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

need to post pics, and how asap

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-04, 09:20 AM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts
Default need to post pics, and how asap

whats up yall. I am trying to post some pics and i just cant get any of them on the site. I did the attach file tihng. But, it keeps showing me that my file is too big. So i ended up cropping the pics then put it on, and still nothing. I then changed the size in the jpeg, so it could fit properly on the web and i get little thumbnail pics that no one can see. Its horrible. The pics that i took are from a 6.1mp camera. Is that the reason why. I want to know how to get some quality pics on this site. Its very disturbing that im computer illiterate. THANKS ALOT.
Old 09-03-04, 09:22 AM
edfrsd
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

try using tinypic.com great way to temporarily upload and link a picture.

Last edited by edfrsd; 09-03-04 at 09:22 AM.
Old 09-03-04, 10:01 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Try this:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...362#post971362

Use method b.
Old 09-03-04, 10:58 AM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

thanks alot the both of you, really appreciated. But now the pics are huge, but i guess thats a good thing. Are there other sites similar to tinypic.com that i can use. Or make into an online gallery so i can easily upload pics?
Old 09-03-04, 12:09 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I don't usually upload pics to those photo sites so I'll let the other chime in.

Otherwise, print resolution and screen resolution have different requirements. To show things on a website, you really don't need the hires pics you have. WHen I post pics here, I usually schrink them down to 640x480 (or around there if the image is an odd size). 800x600 would be OK too. The smaller sizes help people without high-speed connections. With that said, here is a program I like to use to achieve this:

http://www.irfanview.com/

It is small and pretty efficient. Just load your pic into the app and tell it to resize your pic to the appropriate resolution. Enjoy!