Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

Been on this forum for 2 weeks.. and rude remarks

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-04, 05:46 AM
zerovise
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey, sorry if my post was a little mean! I did however try to redeem myself as a CL member by wishing you the best of luck with the kit searching. Welps, GL again!

-tyler
Old 09-06-04, 05:12 PM
Lex in Tex
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm sorry you felt offended by the comments. I assure you (from being a newer member here, asking many "beginner" questions about my GS300 and modding it), he was ACTUALLY trying to be helpful, but just in a very direct, yet comical, manner. He didn't mean to offend you, but he's just trying to find new ways to tell someone ," try searching" or "use the gallery..."
Old 09-06-04, 05:32 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

She's like the Wind .......

as quick as she came in she left

too bad

but you can't please everyone
Old 09-06-04, 05:36 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by alredxiii
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...hreadid=132784

I would of just said search newb...but then again I'm self centered

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...hreadid=132765
Old 09-06-04, 06:53 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,466 Likes on 1,618 Posts

Well, well.

Thanks for the support, guys - I was not intending to bash baby_lexie. Lex in Tex said it best: "He didn't mean to offend you, but he's just trying to find new ways to tell someone , 'try searching' or 'use the gallery...' "

If I had left instead of it would have been rude. As far as the 'pink' that was just my amateurish paint program skills - I just picked any color that would stand out against the background. I meant nothing by the fact that it was pink.

Anyway, I also posted an apology in the original thread:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...hreadid=132784

I actually think the problem was the 'shark fest' that went on in THIS thread

I even stepped in on the 7th page to stop everyone getting so excited about a new female user on CL.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...5&pagenumber=7

Last edited by bitkahuna; 09-06-04 at 06:54 PM.
Old 09-06-04, 07:21 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,286 Likes on 1,392 Posts

Bit,

After doing a bit of research I'm pretty sure that it wasn't you that insulted her at all, it was the guys in this thread which I just closed. BL was looking for a signature and put up a thread called " i am a girl and do not know anything about sigs...but"

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...hreadid=132765

IMO: Many folks went a bit overboard in welcoming her, that set her expecations a bit high of the attention she would get here. In (slight) defense of the initial responder in the thread I linked above, the 'helpless female' title and approach was a bit over-the-top. I don't think he was rude in saying what he initially did, but it went downhill from there.
Old 09-06-04, 08:03 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,466 Likes on 1,618 Posts

Thanks Dave. I dun fil bad now bout my ansa.
Old 09-06-04, 08:35 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by bitkahuna
Thanks Dave. I dun fil bad now bout my ansa.

Old 09-06-04, 10:19 PM
TwentyTen
Lexus Champion

Sorry to hear you go Baby_Lexie. Hopefully you see by the responses in this thread that the people here really are genuinely nice people. A little sarcastic but nothing serious.

//Darius
Old 09-06-04, 11:56 PM
varcity64
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

baby, sorry to see you go. its tooo bad you feel the way you do b/c this is the BEST web-site on the net, PERIOD!!!!! but if you think some of these guys left you "rude" remarks, i WISH you would read some of the remarks a member by the name of Manaray leaves sometimes... you cant even begin to imagine the things he says... i read his posts and i think to myself, wtf is his problem?? but honestly, this is the internet and everyone is entitled to their own opinions... and thats what you gotta realize. people like Manaray and Bit make this forum MUCH more interesting
Old 09-07-04, 07:39 AM
southernsc
Lexus Champion

no pity from me. Starting a thread with "I am a girl" is just saying "im an attention *****". And the whole ebonics thing did not work out to well with "her".
Old 09-07-04, 03:03 PM
GS3Tek

Received 168 Likes on 127 Posts

Bit, your instructions were perfect and if I was a newbie, that was exactly what I needed to do/where to click...blah...blah....blah. If she thinks this is rude, go to other forums mb/bmw's....where they will bicker, curse, foul language, profanity, no censorship, laugh at you for mmm (my momma's Mercedes).... you get the point (yes, I did leave CL for a while, but it was only a short amount of time to venture into other world. I came back real shortly). I will defend CL and other members here also. As a matter of fact, I never even introduced myself as a newbie let alone getting all the "attentions.".................great, now we're being defensive.

Last edited by GS3Tek; 09-07-04 at 03:04 PM.
Old 09-07-04, 05:28 PM
/Aerostar\
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Been on this forum for 2 weeks.. and rude remarks

Originally posted by baby_lexie
already..ppl are so self centered and rude im not gonna be posting anymore... and im outta here peace..

ppl are rude and so stuck up in here gosh and some ppl were telling me there are nice ppl in here ... yeah right..
stuck up ppl need to keep themselves in check cause it aint gonna get you anywhere aight.. dun ever think you better than other ppl cause you'll never be by that attitude
aww
Old 09-11-04, 09:19 AM
LexFather

The Bitslapper done it again..... J/K
Attached Thumbnails Been on this forum for 2 weeks.. and rude remarks-peopel_that_care.jpg  

Old 09-11-04, 10:24 AM
Lettuce
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been a member on this forum for over a year, and this is the first post that I have seen that is negative.

This is actually her loss! where is she going to go for info now?? Lextasy.com???HAaha

Her car will end looking like a Hyundai on crack with more accessories than the cars worth!!!!!

SORRY ABOUT THAT POST, I just had too. I know she is still on this site everyday reading what everyone has to say about her post.

Last edited by Lettuce; 09-11-04 at 10:26 AM.