Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

Been on this forum for 2 weeks.. and rude remarks

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-04, 03:44 PM
baby_lexie
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Been on this forum for 2 weeks.. and rude remarks

already..ppl are so self centered and rude im not gonna be posting anymore... and im outta here peace..

ppl are rude and so stuck up in here gosh and some ppl were telling me there are nice ppl in here ... yeah right..
stuck up ppl need to keep themselves in check cause it aint gonna get you anywhere aight.. dun ever think you better than other ppl cause you'll never be by that attitude
Old 09-05-04, 03:54 PM
RayGS3
Lexus Test Driver

Wow...where's that come from, Lexie?

Can you explain a little bit on what happened?
Old 09-05-04, 05:21 PM
tofu_house
Lexus Champion

Cool hmm...

im guessing that shes talking about the thread about looking for some GS pictures so that she could make a wall paper...

listen lexie.. i dunt believe that they were doing that to be rude or to hurt you in anyway... CL is like a family and i guess we have the comfort to talk to eachother in way that you might have found to be obnoxious and discouraging...

you shouldnt take the replies the wrong way. CL members have always been encouraging and helpful in anyways that they could. The ways in which they answered might have been a bit mocking but you should know that they only had best intentions. you should always feel comfortable posting on CL for anything.
Old 09-05-04, 06:01 PM
alredxiii
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...hreadid=132784

I would of just said search newb...but then again I'm self centered
Old 09-05-04, 06:47 PM
D-MAN63
Lexus Champion

I think you took it the wrong way.. I've been on CL for almost 5 years(including old clublexus) and its been a friendly-family oriented website since I been here.
Old 09-05-04, 06:58 PM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

It was all Bit's fault. He and his pink highlight. LMAO!!
Old 09-05-04, 07:27 PM
phunkyGS
Lead Lap

Lexie...although I've only been a member here for a month or so (been anonymously reading for over 2 years), I must disagree with your assesment of CL and the vast majority of its members so far. I have yet to find anyone here who hasn't gone out of there way to be of assistance or make me feel like one of the "family."

I am in no way trying to be harsh, but I think you might have been a bit too sensitive to Bit's post... I am positive he meant no harm by it.

If you are a Lexus enthusiast like the rest of us, I hope you stay with CL...you will find the resources and knowledge here invaluable.
Old 09-05-04, 07:38 PM
r00kie
Lexus Test Driver

Probably just me, but I didn't think Bit's reply was mean-spirited at all. I mean that's where the pics are. In any case, hope you stay, because I don't think there is any other forum out there for Lexus vehicles with this much information and/or "stuck-up" ppl.
Old 09-05-04, 07:38 PM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Your coming onto a forum that has alot of people that have spent alot of time educating themselves on the Lexus cars of their choice. You, just like most, decided that it would be easier to ask for pics rather than do your homework and dig up your own. The site has a search function, the site has a gallery, the site is loaded with pics of all types of set ups....if you have been surfing CL for two weeks, then you should have came across a hundred pics of hooked up Lexus vehicles.

Toughen up shorty, you aint the first to get the "do a search" reply(I have been there), and you wont be the last. Take it as constructive criticism and shake it off. You will find that you can learn just about anything you want to learn about your car on this site, its a wealth of information for Lexus fanatics. If you leave, it will be your loss!

Thats much harsher than Bits reply, huh!!
Old 09-05-04, 07:51 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

well said jeff well said

baby_lexie; this is and will be the best and only site for true not only lexus ethusiasts but real geniune car nuts that all have one common goal .. we all get there together .. nothing wrong with ingesting alittle humor to try and make one feel already part of the family

hope you stay and enjoy
Old 09-05-04, 07:59 PM
Lettuce
Lexus Champion

"already..ppl are so self centered and rude im not gonna be posting anymore... and im outta here peace..

ppl are rude and so stuck up in here gosh and some ppl were telling me there are nice ppl in here ... yeah right..
stuck up ppl need to keep themselves in check cause it aint gonna get you anywhere aight.. dun ever think you better than other ppl cause you'll never be by that attitude"

Just a thought, remember you cant base an opinion on the site because 1 person rubbed you the wrong way. I think all would agree that we dont want to lose you, cause you and I are the people that make this site so successful!!!!
Old 09-05-04, 08:53 PM
jtanoyo1
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

But.... but.... I was so nice already and I even posted a link up there for you.....

heck, I thought Bit was more funny than rude....
Old 09-05-04, 09:32 PM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

OK....imo....Bit was jokingly sarcastic with the pink highlight thang....not rude at all. I guess that kind of humor rubbed you the wrong way. Honestly...all newbies get flamed for asking b4 trying the Search button...its like a regular thing.

Or maybe you just gotta grow thicker skin....cuz u kinda sensitive.

In any case, sorry you feel that way. I hope you reconsider and stay active.....cuz this....hands down....the BEST car enthusiast site ever. I met soooo many CL peeps here....from all around the world....I now consider them like my extended family.
Old 09-06-04, 02:21 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I think you guys jaded her with the welcome she got. I've read a few other threads she participated in and did not get the "guys falling over eachother to help" like the welcome. From the posts, she also seems young. If she plans to participate in a public forum, she needs to learn to have thicker skin. Sometimes, an innocent typed reply with no tone/inflection can be read totally different than what the poster meant.

In at least one of these threads, she gave back a quite curt reply too. I did not read too much into what the other member typed but apparently she took offense. I feel bad that a member felt uncomfortable here. If she gave it a chance and read the different styles of posting and read the posts with an "internet" eye, she would find the CL to be the place we all know and loved.

This is one case though that we can only encourage further participation but she also needs to learn that CL is what it is and won't change for a new member.
Old 09-06-04, 03:40 AM
SupraCoup3
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

aw crap! we scared off one of three girls who posts here!

we're a bunch of car geeks