Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

deleting photos

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-04, 04:52 PM
sonbum1
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default deleting photos

How do I delete photos from my gallery? Every time I try it tells me I'm not authorized to do so.
Old 10-10-04, 05:21 PM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Only admin can delete pic files from the gallery. PM DaveGS4 with the link to each pic so he can delete them for ya.
Old 10-11-04, 02:24 AM
silversprucesc3
Lexus Champion

Why would you need to ask a mod to delete photos if they are in your screen name gallery?
You should have this feature changed. I know that sometimes you post items that may be 4 sale etc. and afterwards want the items removed. It would be simpler to remove what I wanted, when i wanted.

I think i agree that specific forum photos should be deleted by mods.

Any idea if this can be done??
Old 10-14-04, 02:50 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,286 Likes on 1,392 Posts

Originally posted by LXOGOOD
Only admin can delete pic files from the gallery. PM DaveGS4 with the link to each pic so he can delete them for ya.
You can just post them here in this thread and somebody else (smod or another admin) can also help so I'm not the bottleneck).

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...ghlight=delete

Originally posted by blktiger12
Why would you need to ask a mod to delete photos if they are in your screen name gallery?
You should have this feature changed. I know that sometimes you post items that may be 4 sale etc. and afterwards want the items removed. It would be simpler to remove what I wanted, when i wanted.

I think i agree that specific forum photos should be deleted by mods.

Any idea if this can be done??
It's a problem with the photopost software we use (or the version). We've enabled it for member delete to do exactly what you say but it doesn't work.

If you want to donate some serious $$ to CL to specifically hire a tech guy to get this fixed we can take a shot at it otherwise you'll have to wait for the upgrade and hope the new version gets this glitch ironed out.
Old 10-16-04, 07:52 AM
silversprucesc3
Lexus Champion

I'll donate some $ as long as I can make some investments back from the club....
Old 10-16-04, 10:03 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,286 Likes on 1,392 Posts

Originally posted by blktiger12
I'll donate some $ as long as I can make some investments back from the club....
Not quite sure what you mean by 'make some investments back'? ClubLexus is a money losing business and hopefully we'll get our members who benefit in many ways (but no $$ dividends but instead via the knowledge and special discounts our CL vendors give a group as large as ours) to help fund the rest after the upgrade via a 'support ClubLexus paypal link'.

Regardless, I don't think we'd ask any one person to give the funds to fix the gallery problems (unless they really really wanted to delete their pictures ). You'll just have to hold tight for now and ask if you want to delete something.
Old 10-19-04, 02:31 AM
silversprucesc3
Lexus Champion

Actually joking .... but in all seriousness the site has tremendous potential from a money losing business to a money making business... through some creative marketing and exposure...
I love this site and would hope that there would be some benefit to those who work diligently in supporting its members..