Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

Any issues with the upgrade?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-04, 04:27 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,466 Likes on 1,618 Posts

Originally Posted by LexAristo
The best way to login and not have to re-enter a password is to click on "post" in a thread. Then it will say to enter your username and password at the bottom of the page. It allows you to save the password in which the upper left hand corner does not allow saving of the password.

Bryan
Thanks Bryan, I just did that, we'll see if it works.
Old 12-22-04, 04:29 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
Bit - we're very aware of that problem and its one of our top two issues (tuning & cookie retention). Some members are having good luck getting a longer login by logging out, whacking their cookies and logging back in. Our tech guys are working on a longer term solution.
OK, no problem. Just didn't know if it was something I was doing and there was a workaround.

FAQ page at the start is a great idea to list all the problems that have been reported but not fixed, but I also am a little time challenged right now so folks will have to do some reading, sorry
No problem again... I was just thinking an FAQ might save time for you from repeated questions.

You're doing an awesome job - thanks.
Old 12-22-04, 07:02 PM
AutoCoutureSC
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

why do i have to keep signing in when i go to CL?
Old 12-22-04, 08:22 PM
SC400Dude
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by AutoCoutureSC
why do i have to keep signing in when i go to CL?
Yeah, strange - I was typing up this massive write up to another member and when I went to send it, I was asked to sign in again. Then I lost the whole thing....bummer dudes....oh well, looks like I'm going to have to use Microsoft Word, then cut and paste after assuring myself that I'm signed in...
Old 12-23-04, 05:58 AM
Lil4X
Out of Warranty

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Thumbs up Impressive work, folks!

Congrats on new forums! Look is much nicer and functionality improves daily.

Something for the bottom of your "to do" list, I discovered that using the "list" function defaults to a MUCH larger font - FYI.

See: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=143533

Keep up the great work!
Old 12-23-04, 02:53 PM
looknow12
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up Great Work!!!

This version of Vbulletin is much nicer. Glad you were able to upgrade. It seems much faster too.

Old 12-23-04, 06:05 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by SC400Dude
Yeah, strange - I was typing up this massive write up to another member and when I went to send it, I was asked to sign in again. Then I lost the whole thing....bummer dudes....oh well, looks like I'm going to have to use Microsoft Word, then cut and paste after assuring myself that I'm signed in...
FireFox doesn't lose content when going 'back' to a page, unlike Internet Exploder.

Also, you don't need to use word, while entering the text, before posting, just do Ctrl-A (select your text) and Ctrl-C (copy), then if the post doesn't work, when you come back in, just do Ctrl-V (paste) and you haven't lost your text. On long posts I ALWAYS do this just in case.
Old 12-23-04, 07:01 PM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
FireFox doesn't lose content when going 'back' to a page, unlike Internet Exploder.

Also, you don't need to use word, while entering the text, before posting, just do Ctrl-A (select your text) and Ctrl-C (copy), then if the post doesn't work, when you come back in, just do Ctrl-V (paste) and you haven't lost your text. On long posts I ALWAYS do this just in case.

I'm running internet explorer and I haven't had the log in prob anymore. Ever since I deleted cookies and then it didn't quit asking me for user/pass until the second or third time relogging,then it was fine
Old 12-23-04, 07:07 PM
tzu911
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default challenge with attaching images

hello. my frustration is helping me to post this question here. no matter how small i resized the JPG files, it has not been accepted as the valid image. has computer retardation come ealier for me this year?
Old 12-23-04, 07:13 PM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

I have the same prob now. "Not Valid Image" on every time I try to download pic. I used to be able to do it with same pics even after new site.
Old 12-23-04, 07:15 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 360 Likes on 230 Posts

it has been a problem since the upgrade and is being worked on.
Old 12-23-04, 07:19 PM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by O. L. T.
it has been a problem since the upgrade and is being worked on.
That's cool, just so you guys know, I was able to upload pics after the new upgrade the first day or so, then something changed.
Old 12-24-04, 02:52 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by chuckb
I'm running internet explorer and I haven't had the log in prob anymore. Ever since I deleted cookies and then it didn't quit asking me for user/pass until the second or third time relogging,then it was fine
Is it still working for you? I've deleted cookies in both browsers and it still needs me to log in every time.

Also, I can no longer stay logged in from my blackberry which worked before. I logged in, it said 'thank you for logging in bitkahuna' or something, then on the redirect it came up with a page with the username and password fields again as if I hadn't logged in. Oh well, I'm sure it will be fixed soon.
Old 12-24-04, 06:14 PM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
Is it still working for you? I've deleted cookies in both browsers and it still needs me to log in every time.

Also, I can no longer stay logged in from my blackberry which worked before. I logged in, it said 'thank you for logging in bitkahuna' or something, then on the redirect it came up with a page with the username and password fields again as if I hadn't logged in. Oh well, I'm sure it will be fixed soon.
still working for me-only prob I have recently is I cant add pics
Old 12-24-04, 09:07 PM
Dew23
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Every time i check the site i have to log in thanks for the help.

Quick Reply: Any issues with the upgrade?