Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

Why are nuisance threads closed, rather than deleted?

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-04, 10:32 AM
PERRYinLA
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Question Why are nuisance threads closed, rather than deleted?

I came across this thread in the electronics forum (it was just a nuisance post from a retailer (or rep), trying to advertise cheap speakers:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=144692

...and I don't understand why this thread is locked rather than just deleted. If it's left in, others will come across it and waste their time viewing it as well, and it will show up forever in searches. In a small way, the guy (or jerk) has "won".

Doesn't vBulletin allow mods to flush inappropriate threads/posts, and don't posts like that deserve it?
Old 12-24-04, 10:48 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,285 Likes on 1,391 Posts

I usually delete them or move them to a 'holding tank'... this is not a ususal occurance as you may have noted.

I'm on dialup until after the holidays and online time is much diminished so I can't read all the threads and help folks as I normally would. A smod that reads this or mod of that forum can go ahead and whack the spammers thread. I know at least a couple of his posts were moved out of the main forums.

Oh, and I took time even on dialup to get to the controls to ban him . An early Christmas present for me... damn spammers.