Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

Carson Feedback Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-05, 12:04 AM
GRAND_LS 4
3UZ-FEEEE

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Why are some people trying to shoot the messenger? I wonder how some people would react if I took $2300 bucs from them and never called them or sent them their product in 6 months. Newbie or not, it would be even worse if a vendors would treat high posters differently in fear of bad publicity.

Let’s cut this guy a break, 6 months is a very long time.

Now having said that, we still have not heard the other side, so no need to attack either end until we hear from the other side.
Old 01-15-05, 04:40 AM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MafiaJoey
They advertise hundreds of products they don't even have access to. So I took it to the two best aftermarket shops around and they said its about 6 inches to short (front lip) it might fit an is300. !!

Are you sure you ordered a kit for the GS then

maybe you picked out the wrong one

in both posts you never say which Kit you went with

from what i gathered from L-tuned parts

all the kits for the GS are pretty much known companies

and i cant see Carson selling a kit that would not fit a GS

maybe it came wrong fromthe factory

REALLY would love to know what kit you went with

PM sent
Old 01-15-05, 09:40 AM
GammaLex
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I had a negative transaction with CArson as well. I have never spoken with Steve either. Always Bobby. I had ordered the WIN type 2 front and sides from them. The front came late. The sides never showed up. I had to wait 2 extra monthes and they still never came. On the original shipping manifest it said Front and rear bumper. I had 1 box. I told the driver to cll his superviser and note there was only 1 box. It was noted. After I kept calling and emailing wondering what happened. No response. Finally I got a hold of Bobby and he saiys they delivered it to my house. I told him I got 1 box and it was noted. Then he says if i want the sides I have to wait another 6-8 weeks and that hes taking the loss becuase they delivered the sides to me in a Wald box. I told him after waitng 4 monthes for the front bumper and still having to wait for my sides that I just want my money for the sides instead of waititng another 6-8 weeks.Atleast he said no problem but that he is taking a loss because he cant file a missing package claim which is BS because it was noted I only recieved 1 box. I ended up getting the sides airshipped through DHL for cheaper than I paid for the sides from Carson shipped by boat. I got them in a week and saved $50.00. Also not really a big deal but the front came in a beat up box with card board stuffed inside and the sides came with foam and plastic wrap and a bunch of nice WIN catologs and a decal. Moral of the story find a hook up thats already in Japan who speakes Japenese instead of dealing with people who are too busy to deal with there customers.

Last edited by GammaLex; 01-15-05 at 09:44 AM.
Old 01-15-05, 11:13 AM
johnnyt
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was looking at the Ltunes site and they showed that there was a wood and leather shift **** that supposidly fit my era(97-01) of es. Considering that they only sell a couple of items for the interior, I was suprised that they had it listed wrong. Since alot of you seem to have problems with L tuned, what is a good website to find ground effect kits for the es.
Old 01-15-05, 01:38 PM
Thomas C
Lead Lap

I bought parts from Carson Toyota before and I received everything in a timely fashion. Gordon even called me to confirm some information and to give me a tracking number. I understand that there will be some mistakes made. Just give Steve a chance to take care of it when he comes back from Japan.
Old 01-15-05, 01:46 PM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought my WIN kit from steve and it took about 3months to receive, which he informed me of. When the kit came it was in a huge crate made of 2x4s and was packaged real nice. I guess it should be for $3300. But everything I have ordered from steve has been no problems. Sorry for the troubles and inconvenience you have gone through Joey

I just ordered another EDFC from them so I hope I dont have problems with it
Old 01-16-05, 08:20 AM
3dog
Lexus Test Driver

Wink The Wizard of Oz

Originally Posted by T.L.W.
Are we sure Steve really exists then

maybe he' s like the Wizard of Oz
I always wondered why when I asked to speak to steve all I got was voice mail.

3dog
Old 01-16-05, 10:55 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by 3dog
I always wondered why when I asked to speak to steve all I got was voice mail.

3dog
Because he's the Parts Manager of the Toyota dealership. They deal in volume, they're not some small mom and pop Toyota dealer in the boonies. He doesn't have time to answer individual questions over the phone about an oil cap. I'm good friends w/Steve, I even have his cell number and get his voicemail 99% of the time. Not to make up excuses for him, but he is very busy on top of the sales he does for aftermarket parts.
Old 01-16-05, 12:38 PM
Hudini
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by flipside909
Because he's the Parts Manager of the Toyota dealership. They deal in volume, they're not some small mom and pop Toyota dealer in the boonies. He doesn't have time to answer individual questions over the phone about an oil cap. I'm good friends w/Steve, I even have his cell number and get his voicemail 99% of the time. Not to make up excuses for him, but he is very busy on top of the sales he does for aftermarket parts.

I totally agree with you!! Steve is a person who never stops working. If he is not helping us, he is looking for deals for us or new lines to bring in and not to mention regular toyota parts for their service department. Honestly, if it wasn't for his passion for the aftermarket /JDM products, we would be paying a lot more or wouldn't have a chance to attain these products. I call him the Indian Jones of the aftermarket world.

I agree that you should be angry because of the wait time and the fitting of the kit. But trust me, Steve will take care of this situation and maybe his upper management, because of this thread and others like it, will give him the neccessary resources to not allow this situation from happening again. Or someone can take Steve and make 3 clones, then our prayers will be answered!!

Good luck to you!!
Old 01-16-05, 03:15 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

ok found what kit he went with

Kazz typeII

http://www.l-tunedparts.com/product/?id=1010

lets take this event as a lesson to stay away from this kit

MJ

see if you can trade for the TTE lip looks similiar and save some $$$
Old 01-16-05, 04:43 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by T.L.W.
Kazz typeII
What's the difference between this lip and the TTE? This one is FRP but it is still a lip. Is there a characteristic about this lip that is different than the TTE? Just curious.
Old 01-16-05, 06:33 PM
SUPRATRD
Original CL Sponsor since 1999

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

mafiajoey I just got back from Japan and saw this thread. First let me say I do apologize for the wait, it was almost four months for the Kazz lip, not the manufacturers fault it was on the shipping side in Japan, this is one of the reasons I went there. It should not have been that long...

As for not fitting, this is the first I've heard of this? did you speak to one of my guys about this? I can tell you we did a test fit in Las Vegas ( have pictures) and it should not be short at all, it was a perfect fit.

Maybe it was a mispack, wrong one sent??.......I dont know. I have never left anybody hanging when they have had a problem and I wouldn't do it to you, had I known I could have emailed Kazz and worked it out for you and found out what happened, I've been here for the long run and intend to stay.

I would love to talk to everyone, I'm sorry that I can't, I get too many phonecalls and can assist you faster with email. I hope to get back to speaking with a majority of you guys again, I miss shooting the breeze as well and ahe made many friends from the board here

Yes we have has serious growing pains and i'm trying to clarify the phone answering process, I've asked my Assistant Manager Paul Dadian and Wholesale Manager Gus Martinez to handle the internet calls as well. Paul is an enthusiest like ourselves but has the love for muscle cars, he runs 1/4 miles in his Chevelle and is very knowledgable. I know people have not getting their calls returned like they should, I'm desperately working on a solution, we grew faster than expected, this has been the tough part on me

I appreciate all the support and want to treat everyone the same, like I want to be treated.............not sub par

Because of you people I went to Japan, to clear up some issues with shipping, meet and establish new contacts ( got some real good ones) and expand our JDM line to you at fair prices, shipping is always an issue and dealing with different manufacturers, coordinating the deliveries in Japan is chaotic enough.

With that said please PM me, send me pics so I can see what happened
Old 01-16-05, 07:16 PM
Threxx
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was the one that started the other recent thread on this topic. I'm not sure if you guys saying that it's all 'greenhorns' that are claiming these issues, but I'm not exactly a newb or a greenhorn IMO (not that it should matter if I were).

Anyhow... Steve PMed me and we should hopefully have our issue sorted out tomorrow.

If I could make ANY recomendation for Steve personally... maybe this is just the IT guy in me. But I there should be some sort of a solid task list setup for when people at Carson receive voicemails that require action or a return call. That way they don't forget about them.

If it's not a matter of forgetting but rather just deciding that the customer doesn't really need to be called back for whatever reason... maybe make the occasional ananymous test call, leaving a message asking for a return call, and see if you get one. Kind of sample the service from our side to see how it really is or isn't.

I understand growing pains for sure. I'm just trying to give some ideas.
Old 01-16-05, 10:28 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

welcome back steve. hopefully now you are back, things will be resolved soon. and also hopefully you guys will be able to hire more people to handle tasks around the department so everyone can benefit. i am sure you agree it's a problem, and i am sure you will fix that
Old 01-16-05, 10:31 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,301 Likes on 1,402 Posts

Guys I'm going to close this now that Steve has returned and responded. He'll handle the issue with the individuals personally.

We're planning to have a 'vendor feedback' section in our upgrade, this post doesn't really belong in the group buy forum (moving).