Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

private gallery?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-05, 11:11 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator
Administrator

Received 2,338 Likes on 1,424 Posts

Does this take you there? (click on the My Gallery option)

https://www.clublexus.com/gallery/sh...0/ppuser/11258

Or try search with your username

https://www.clublexus.com/gallery/search.php?cat=500
Old 01-30-05, 11:19 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

ok i'll try to explain better. i just loaded a photo of a BMW truck, when it gives you the option box of where to add it i added it to my old private gallery called bluelex.bluex its all the way at the bottom of my option box. now i just loaded it and its not in my public gallery, its in my private one but i can't view it cus this forum didn't switch over the admistrative option we had to our private gallery.. i know this sounds confusing mayb someone who aslo knew about this could chime in and explain better..
Old 01-30-05, 11:20 AM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dave, I too have used this function. Previsouly you would log into the gallery, and in the menu bar there was a "Album Admin" option or something along those lines. You could click on it and create a "private gallery". For instance, my gallery's name was "Dgots Pics".

You could then upload pics to it that were not visible in the "public" gallery. I used it for a couple of wedding pictures/ graduation pics/ and some project cars that I was helping members with (this was back when I was not a vendor).

Now, that option is gone. It definately was not "my gallery". Its harder to explain because the previous forum options are no longer there. Perhaps if you have a screen shot of the old gallery menu options, it would be easier to explain.

Last edited by D2-AUTOSPORT; 01-30-05 at 11:26 AM.
Old 01-30-05, 11:24 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

heres and example of what it used to be similar to.. we could click on the "admin" gallery and only the member could see this pics thus i called it my "private gallery" i just looked and if you log into this forum you'll see what i'm talking about. don't know if your a member..

http://photos.e46fanatics.com/
Old 01-30-05, 11:33 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator
Administrator

Guys I'm still not seeing it - I don't have a membership on e46fanatics

D2 - as discussed above, I don't think the 'private' galleries were really private, just folders. I had members send me messages about inappropriate content in some of these folders.

Whats the link look like on e46 fanatics to get to your private folder? Please paste it here and we'll try to back into it.
Old 01-30-05, 11:42 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

dave the only way i can explain it to is if you become a member real quick on e46, after your a member and are logged in you go to the photo gallery and you can make a private folder and when you post pics in their only you when you are logged in could visit ths gallery..

i just uploaded a pic of a blue BMW in my private gallery here on CL and its not in the public gallery.

dave if u want u could pm me and i'll give you my log in password and try to load a pic and when you go to the pop up box as to where to load the pic slide all the way down and you'll see 2 of my private galleries from the old forum but the thing is i can't veiw it like i used on the last forum only load into it..
Old 01-30-05, 12:24 PM
johnee78
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Exclamation

Dave-I know what bluelex is referring to ..I also have the private gallery but I can no longer access it because it says I need a password..Here is an example of what happens when I try to click on a thumbnail pic from my private gallery..
https://www.clublexus.com/gallery/sh...26762&cat=3166
Old 01-30-05, 05:11 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by johnee78
Dave-I know what bluelex is referring to ..I also have the private gallery but I can no longer access it because it says I need a password..Here is an example of what happens when I try to click on a thumbnail pic from my private gallery..
https://www.clublexus.com/gallery/sh...26762&cat=3166
right, i get the same only thing is for some reason i can still load into the private gallery but can't see them after their loaded.
Old 02-01-05, 01:39 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

no luck finding out what we were talking about ?...
Old 02-01-05, 01:44 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator
Administrator

A - not yet, the link Johnee posted works for me so I think it must be some permissions setting.

https://www.clublexus.com/gallery/sh...y.php/cat/3166 Here's his gallery (Johnee see if that works for you).

Or A, see if this one works for you
https://www.clublexus.com/gallery/sh.../11258/cat/500
Old 02-01-05, 02:01 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

yes that works for me but its the "my gallery" . what i'm refering to is we really did mayb people didn't know about but we had a gallery's that we could option to not make be veiwable to the public. e46fanatics has it. we would be able to load pics there that noone could see them unless they were logged in under our screen name. if i knew how to do screen shots i would do one so you could see what i'm talking about. the only way i could give you an example is if you become a member of e46 and look for yourself or if you guys still had screen shots of the old forum gallery page. i loaded a pic of a bmw truck yesterday into my private gallery which i named "bluelex-bluelex" and now i can't veiw it but i have the option to load it into that folders's gallery still...