Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

Are we that arrogant here on CL???

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-05, 07:21 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator
Senior Moderator

Received 226 Likes on 153 Posts

Excellent post 1sick
Old 01-22-05, 02:45 AM
indelible
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
...Lexus owners are not just caught up in who has the most HP and how fast can I get to an illegal speed.FF05EM01...
LOL, you pasted the footlocker friends and family 30% off code "FF05EM01" into your post.
Old 01-28-05, 09:49 AM
Melodician
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Car enthusiests more or less "are" their cars. Lexus tends to draw a certain crowd, perhaps those seeking luxury and innovative craftsmanship.. a lot like many other imports tend to draw more race oriented owners.

I think it is they who think our cars are "Gods gift to the world" You dont see luxury folks getting jelous because the racers can drive real fast. I say dont hate me because I like my car more than yours. If they knew what was good for them, they would enjoy their own cars and shutup.
Old 01-28-05, 05:08 PM
The_Hitman
Lexus Champion

That is a great post, and I cant agree more. One thing caught me in particular

A lot of it is Clublexus members are quite informed and well versed in luxury and are simply not fooled by imitations of it. I noticed, compared to other forums, we here are concerened with the total package... ...I find a Lexus owner will notice how well a glove box fits with the dash.
This is pretty much exactly how I am. I really do notice things like the golve box fitting well with the dash, or how the lines inside the car flow, little things, and I know alot of other people around here notice these things too. To me, everything about the car has to be (near) perfect, and I find that Lexus really does deliver; often better than other companies.
Old 01-28-05, 07:57 PM
solefood21
Driver School Candidate

I am a member, previous owner, and have posted frequently at other enthusiast forums (Ford Contour SVT, Nissan 300zx, BMW 325i) and have yet to find the maturity and "welcomeness" of the CL site. Everyone seems to be pretty level-headed and not too far up their own ***!

You don't seem to get flamed for asking a dumb question. Everyone is going to love their own car and you can't stop that. I am about to close a deal on my 1st Lexus (GS400) and can't think of a better place to visit for great car conversation, although the Contour boards are close. I must say that most of the members are a group of helpful, mature, stand-up individuals!
Old 01-28-05, 11:30 PM
jracerlmn
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i think i know that guy in the CL500...

picture is taken in san diego right? If so...i know that guy...

he came from below nothing, so if he decides to be cocky...i dont blame him