Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

Are we that arrogant here on CL???

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-05, 09:25 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian
Senior Moderator

Received 65 Likes on 50 Posts
Default Are we that arrogant here on CL???

I was browsing through some other forum sites earlier today reading up on some other cars and on some sites were talking about how arrogant we are over here. We tend to think that our cars are like "Gods Gift to the World", we rediculously biased towards our cars and tend to belittle all other makes. Now I am not in no way shape or form trying to start a conflict here, I just want to know what others think about this. Considering I participate on this site frequently I really dont see the bias or arrogance. Granted every once in awhile some might say something that is clearly biased, but damn is it that bad that we get bad mouthed by other sites?? Besides every site has some sort of bias, but thats natural. But some play it off like we are the worst site out there. I dunno. What yall think.
Old 01-19-05, 09:42 PM
SharpLS-96
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds like they're blowing it out of proportion.
Sure, we're a little bit bias but that goes with the territory.
To sum it up I'll say..... when people are jealous of the quality of our cars they tend to talk trash.
Old 01-20-05, 01:16 AM
LB Lex
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't think we're biased and believe Lexus is God's gift to the world. To the contrary, we know that our cars have a lot of luxury but are lacking in the performance and handling areas, hence the many mods we put on our cars to make them faster and handle better.

But I do believe there are two areas that Lexus truly excels in, and that's reliability and luxury. I think this is where people think we might be biased because we mention the many electrical problems and trips to the dealerships that other car owners go through, or how other cars have interiors that are plasticy, rattle too much, or are not our style. When people hear us mention this they sometimes take it personally (as a car person) and believe we are putting down their cars. In fact, there are many here who praise other cars' looks, handling, power, etc., but of course with any car there are downsides, which we mention too.

Some people have different priorities in their cars and are willing to take certain shortcomings to gain certain benefits, i.e. people are willing to have a car that is more stylish than powerful; more powerful than stylish; more reliable than powerful; more luxurious than powerful; etc.

We here on CL have chosen Lexus vehicles because they possess the traits we desire in an automobile. Whenever someone mentions another vehicle we tend to mention why we didn't chose it, e.g. not our style, not reliable enough, etc. Like I said, when we mention things like this people take it personally. We are not trying to put down other cars, we just happen to mention why we didn't choose or plan on buying a certain car. But at the same time we also mention what we like about the cars. In the end, our final opinions are based on our priorities of a vehicle's traits, which leads to the inevitable thumbsdown or thumbsup.

So I don't think we're biased, we just tend to appreciate certain car traits and dislike others. Some people take this personally, but they shouldn't. If they're happy with their car, that's all that should matter.
Old 01-20-05, 09:12 AM
WhiteTiger
Lexus Champion

Very good explanation LBLex!

Some of these people need to go to some of the Ford, GM, or various Import car sites and see who has these types of attitudes and how they seriously degrade people/cars that are not considered up to their standards. The folks at CL aren't even close.

Most here give sound reasoning for their conclusions and do it in a professional manner.
Old 01-20-05, 10:15 AM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm biased...so what about it?! ha ha, j/k...

But seriously, I've had cars made by Pontiac, Ford, Mitsubishi, Honda, Volkswagen, Buick, etc...none of them compare to my Lexus in the areas that I now feel are important to me.
Old 01-20-05, 01:32 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm proud not arrogant

Old 01-20-05, 03:11 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 88 Likes on 87 Posts

Well, I guess it depends on what you mean by arrogance and how you define it. There is a difference, IMO between being arrogant and simply stating facts. There is nothing wrong with CL members stating (and believing) that Lexus products are the world's finest vehicles in build quality, reliability, and refinement. Survey after survey and publication after publication proves that...it is not just an opinion. And if people in, say, BMW and Mercedes forums think that we are being arrogant for simply pointing out that their vehicles, in a number of different areas, have taken a nose dive in recent years....well, that is THEIR problem, not ours. They are the ones that have to deal with the reality of that situation, not us.
Now.....having said that, we at CL are also among the first to give credit to other manufacturers that produce good vehicles and offer good value for the dollar. I myself have written and posted much about how Hyundai and Kia have improved enormously in recent years and how much value and quality their products now offer for the money.....a lot less money, on average, than what the average Lexus product costs. Many of us, me incuded, believe that Subaru makes the best AWD systems on the market in the under-$30,000 class....and have posted extensively on it. Among Subaru products, the 2005 Legacy / Outback, especially, is a real jewel of a car and offers literally a Lexus-grade interior and fit-and-finish for a Subaru price. While the majority of us here at CL don't like Chris Bangle products, we accept and respect the fact that in many ways BMW is STILL the Ultimate Driving Machine in terms of steering, handling, chassis dynamics, and roadability. But as noted earlier, their products have suffered badly in the last few years from shoddy construction, poor interior design, and unreliable electronics.
Now...as far as the other non-auto-related CL debate forums such as politics, current events, ClubHouse, etc...... Dave, our administrator, has given us strict rules to operate by concerning how we post, what language we can use, how we can reply to others, etc..... to avoid personal insults, obscenity, and slander. He and the other moderators generally do a good job addressing those CL members who sometimes get a little carried away in posting........for example, the Debate forum in the few months preceeding the election had some heated exchanges to the point of unacceptability and the moderators had to step in sometimes.
But you cannot call an entire forum arrogant just because a few members got carried away in political arguements. We have members on this forum with as many as 20,000 posts and more. How many forums can say THAT?
And, last, if anyone out there STILL thinks we are an arrogant forum, then my reply is.......show us a LESS arrogant one. We'd like to know.

Last edited by mmarshall; 01-20-05 at 03:19 PM.
Old 01-20-05, 04:27 PM
TRD-bB
Pole Position

You should see some BMW and MB forums.......talk about arrogant.

I buy Lexus because I think it is better than the others, my cousin thinks his MB is the best car ever built.......of course he'll think we are arrogant when we say Lexus have better built quality.

It just comes with the territory.
Old 01-20-05, 05:27 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 88 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by TRD-bB

my cousin thinks his MB is the best car ever built.
Before Lexus came along in 1989-1990 M-B probably WAS the best car built....but your cousin is living WAY in the past. Starting about 1994 or so M-B started downhill, quality-wise, and has not let up ever since. Lexus, meanwhile, started out at the top and has pretty much remained there ever since.
I don't know what model year your cousin's M-B is, but if he or she has a recent one and wants to put it up against Lexus products quality-wise, tell him / her not to bet the monthly rent on it if they want to stay in a nice warm house.

That is not being arrogant...that is stating a fact.
Old 01-21-05, 12:14 PM
CleanSC
Pole Position

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

All I know is that everytime a newbie joins with past forum experience they say how superior this forum is to others.

Now, if you think that makes us arrogant, it's fine with me. Define it however you want.
Old 01-21-05, 01:09 PM
LexFather

Surely, my 2 cents might add value (since I am on tons of forums)
A lot of it is Clublexus members are quite informed and well versed in luxury and are simply not fooled by imitations of it. I noticed, compared to other forums, we here are concerened with the total package. Lexus to us is a perfect blend of performance, luxury, features, fit and finish, with top quality added to boot. I find a Lexus owner will notice how well a glove box fits with the dash. A Lexus owner will research other brands before just staying loyal. A Lexus owner feels quality and dealer service is part of the luxury experience. Lexus owners are not just caught up in who has the most HP and how fast can I get to an illegal speed.FF05EM01

Funny but we can't be too biased. Our Demographics show many here own multiple cars or have owned multiple cars. Many have had previous experience with previous brands before they switched to Lexus. Many here still have another brand vehicle. Looking at our Car Chat forum, we entertain threads of all cars and makes. It looks like we attract many people from other forums here and we welcome their input.

Going into individual forums, its rare to see "that car sucks and Lexus is better' arguements. Most debates show the positive and negatives of our cars as well as whatever car is being compared. Funny but the most damaging posts to another brand, are from previous owners fed up with their car for whatever reason. Its not just us.

We might be biased because we don't tolerate flames and some undeducated responses. We don't tolerate people attacking people when they can't argue facts. We don't tolerate people seeing a link to here, not reading the whole thread, then trying to save their car or brand (banned).

We might seem arrogant because Lexus is the best in many qualities or has some of the best qualities. I know I attract heat for my posts but they are factual. Lexus is award winning period. Lexus is the best seller now 5 years in a row. Lexus was the top import luxury brand in 3 years in sales. Lexus is the top quality car you can buy. Lexus does have the top customer satisfaction. The LS 430 maybe the best built car ever, and scores #1 or #2 in every comparison since its introduction. The GS and SC have won Car of the Year and 10 best awards numerous times. Lexus RX 300 created the car-based SUV. Lexus created electroluminicent gauges. The GX has won 4x4 of the year twice in a row. The LX 470 is considered with the Range Rover the finest SUV you can buy. Lexus IS sportcross which is the ONLY Japanese luxury sport wagon.
Then when you go to modding, Lexus has that too. Lexus has 900hp IS 300s, 600hhp IS 300s, 400hp GSs. Lexus has the 2JZ engine. The SC 300 has 600hp. We have members with very powerful cars. if you want a performance Lexus, you CAN build one.

Then we have the people. Out of ANY luxury board, no one meets like Clubleuxs. We have people that meet up from Cali to Florida. From NY to Texas. We are BIGGER than just an internet forum. We meet each other. We invite and extend open invitations to other brands. How could be we that arrogant? We have the 120 car+ cali meet. We have the Tail of the Dragon meet now going on its 4th year. We have a strong Lexus group in Atlanta (SELOC). The NE group had a big multi-car meet last year.

Then we win at shows. Look at the trophies people post!! People put tons of money, effort and VISION into their cars. They go to shows and are rewarded. From NYWizard to Bluelex to GS4fun to DaveGS4, we have tons of winners in the show scene.

Its not arrogance. Its jealousy. Lexus stands for being or striving to be #1 and this community at Clublexus reflects that winning spirit.

You want arrogance. Ferrari almost left F-1 b/c they didn't like where it was headed. You want arrogance, check some other boards out where Lexus or any Japanese car=rice. You want bias, go to some other boards where our cars are overpriced and "value" is what luxury is.

The fact is many of us are well educated in cars and will continue to educate Clublexus members on not just our cars but the competiton as well. MMarshall and SexySC, wantanewlex and myself come to mind. I other forums should think Lexus owners should not know anything about cars.

To sum up what I said
Other forums calling us arrogant= pot calling the kettle black.
Old 01-21-05, 01:18 PM
WhiteTiger
Lexus Champion

Awesome post SICK
Old 01-21-05, 01:21 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by WhiteTiger
Awesome post SICK
Thanks mahn. Check out this post, we get a good review here
http://forums.mbworld.org/forums/sho...0&page=1&pp=10

Here, is an example of pot calling the kettle black, its closed so you can view the ugly results
http://tl.acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107116

I love Benzes, and have met a few MB World owners so this is not a jab at Benz. Now this pic is arrogant

Last edited by LexFather; 01-21-05 at 01:28 PM.
Old 01-21-05, 02:24 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian
Senior Moderator

Received 65 Likes on 50 Posts

Wow definitely didnt think this thread would have became so big. Best way to put it Sick and Marshall. Well said. I'll voice my opinion later. I dont have time to type up anything long right now. I might not have anything to say since yall covered all bases.
Old 01-21-05, 04:51 PM
TRD-bB
Pole Position

Great post Sick!

I agree it all boils down to sour grapes.

I feel ashamed to be living in the same State with that CL500 guy....or gal....