Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

Question on uploading and displaying pics

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-05, 09:26 PM
Fiya
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question on uploading and displaying pics

I have taken a few nice pictures but when I try to upload them to my member gallery the page stays loading for about 5 minutes then it resets. How do you all load your pictures? Also should I link to the shrunk picture or the full res. version; some of the pictures are more than 5 megs and won't fit on most screens, but the smaller picture doesn't have all the detail.
Old 01-23-05, 11:06 AM
brendanlim
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by acidrool
I have taken a few nice pictures but when I try to upload them to my member gallery the page stays loading for about 5 minutes then it resets. How do you all load your pictures? Also should I link to the shrunk picture or the full res. version; some of the pictures are more than 5 megs and won't fit on most screens, but the smaller picture doesn't have all the detail.
I think the problem is that you are loading pictures that are too big. If they're over 5 megs, you should really try and reduce the physical size of the photos. If you use a program like Photoshop or Paintshop Pro you won't lose quality when reducing the size. It actually seems as if the quality's better because you're kinda "squeezing" in the pixels.
Old 01-23-05, 11:15 AM
Fiya
Lead Lap

ok thanks, I have photoshop and I will reduce the size. I just thought there was a way to upload full pic then link to reduced size. Thanks