Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

suggestion for the board?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-05, 03:10 PM
prjctSC300
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default suggestion for the board?

can we create a sticky with all links of faq's for topics discussed over and over again?? like for example: 97+ conversion, big brake upgrade, electric fan conversion, headlight cleaning, hid retrofit, etcc. so when people post with a question retaining to a beat to death topic we can just post a link to the page with all the info. confused?? yay or nay??
Old 02-02-05, 03:12 PM
prjctSC300
Lead Lap

plus this would also make it easier for people not having to search, and easier to find info
Old 02-02-05, 03:18 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator
Administrator

Received 2,338 Likes on 1,424 Posts

Already in the works, will be rolled out soon.
Old 02-03-05, 06:29 AM
CleanSC
Pole Position

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Instead of stickies this would be better as an organized FAQ.

I dunno about everyone else, but stickies are invisible to me. They are always there, you can't tell when one is new, and you can't tell when a new post is made in one. Because of this they are defeating the purpose of trying to be seen first.

The Wheels, Tires, and Brakes forum is a prime example of sticky overuse and not only does it look cluttered, it's harder to get to the current stuff which forums are all about. Not stale stickies.

I dunno about you, but I don't check the stickies everyday for new replies and subscribing to them all is just impractical.

A better idea (just a suggestion Dave ) is a FAQ subforum in each forum where all the stickies are stored. Keep them here so people that are looking for new and current threads can find them in the forums and people looking for older but good info that was worth saving can find it in the FAQ subforum.

You may think no one will see new replies here but here's what I'd LOVE to see: When a sticky (now a FAQ subforum thread) is replied to, a New Reply Checkmark and thread title appear in the main forum to show that there's a reply or a new thread in the FAQ subforum. They click that, and they get directed to the new reply in the thread in the FAQ subforum. It would work much like the moved threads, where you see them in one forum list, but they are somewhere else and you are redirected over there. You also get to see the thread stats to the right (unlike the moved threads) and somewhere it would be stated that it's a FAQ thread (like the stickies with the "Sticky" prefix in the thread title).

Just some ideas, Dave. You run a tight ship and I bow down to that. I just feel the stickies (which are common forum practice unversally) are ineffective and need some work.
Old 02-03-05, 06:33 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator
Administrator

Good ideas. The setup of the FAQ is a subforum (it exists, just you can't see it yet)
Old 02-03-05, 06:51 AM
CleanSC
Pole Position

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Awesome! So can we dump all the damn stickies in there? lol

And if not, can we at least get them to follow standard new reply procedure of bold text and checkmark?
Old 02-03-05, 07:05 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator
Administrator

The FAQs will be indiviual posts made as stickies, but I don't think we are going to open them up for continued Q&A / discussion. If a moderator (or owner of a FAQ we can designate) adds something new to an existing FAQ or a new one is added, a new post checkmark will appear on the forum as you say.
Old 02-25-05, 11:17 PM
JDM SC4
Pole Position

How about we get some of the stickies that are pointless for the SC forums?
Old 02-26-05, 08:02 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator
Administrator

Originally Posted by JDM SC4
How about we get some of the stickies that are pointless for the SC forums?
You want some additional pointless stickies?
Old 02-26-05, 08:05 PM
JDM SC4
Pole Position

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
You want some additional pointless stickies?
Oops. I meant to get rid of the ones we don't need. i.e. the dash lighting stuff.
Old 02-26-05, 08:17 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator
Administrator

There are only three stickies in the SC forum and two are from the forum sponsor. One is temporary for a group buy. He helps keep CL up and running, so I think we can deal with having a sticky or two .