Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!
View Poll Results: Should My Thread Have Been Closed?
Yes
50.00%
No
50.00%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Unwarranted Thread Closing.....!?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-05, 12:46 AM
TXSTYLE
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow Unwarranted Thread Closing.....!?

I am in TOTAL disagreement in the closing of a "legitimate" post/thread by me. For whatever reason... obviously NEO decided to wield his MOD power for some reason. As a veteran member who has NEVER had any negative issues in the 4 years I've been here, I respectfully request the thread be re-opened since it should not have been closed in the first place. I in fact was in the middle of a question to another MOD (Gene) when I went to submit... Closed!
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=156296

Marcus B.
a.k.a. TXSTYLE
Old 03-26-05, 01:18 AM
videcormeum
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll say that I don't understand the closure.

I don't know why a discussion about preferences increasingly turns to threats and bets around here - but whatever floats peoples' respective boats ...

Presumably the point of moderation is to provide for an environment conducive to information sharing and discussion - not to stifle and prevent it.

Take that as you may. This is not intended as a jab towards anyone here - but just a reminder that there's a reason why ClubLex is so popular - I'd hate to have that slide down the crap chute.

M.
Old 03-26-05, 02:22 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

With the introduction of the M and the 3GS (and a number of other cars), there have been a good number of overlapping threads that is splitting the discussions. I (as well as the other mods) have been trying to control this potential for reposts. Sometimes, the "duplicate" threads have gone unnoticed for so long that separate full discussions is already happening so it is pointless to close and even more difficult to merge.

The thread in question was to show the OEM M bodykit. That topic was raised over a week ago. Other than the conversation you and Gene were having, the other posts were about the kit. To keep things together, the posts really belong in the already started post.

The back and forth between you and Gene started about the kit but was evolving into Infinity vs Lexus in terms of the company and car ownership and had the potential to take the thread off-topic, a topic you raised in the first place.

I have nothing personal against you Marcus. CL has grown by leaps and bounds in terms of membership and trying to keep information focused is getting more and more challenging. When you used to be more active, I remember you bringing breaking news all the time. That was cool. With the amount of info on CL now, I've seen you missed on a few occasions on trying to break the news. Not your fault really since it is not your job to read everything on CL (whereas it is mine and I do read practically everything ).

With that said, Gene is a supermod on CL and if he feels that he wants to continue the line of conversation with you, he is free to open up the thread and I would have no issue with that.

Let me close with this. Because you are a CL veteran, I am extending the courtesy (this one time) of an explanation and a gentle reminder. The explanation is above and the reminder is that (stated in the rules) if you have a problem with a member (including a mod), try to use PM to resolve the issue and to escalate to the admin if it does not get resolved.

Peace.

Last edited by Neo; 03-26-05 at 02:25 AM.
Old 03-26-05, 05:03 AM
/Aerostar\
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Who cares, dont worry about it
Old 03-26-05, 05:45 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,242 Likes on 1,361 Posts

TXStyle,

I'm very disappointed as a former moderator you don't ever seem to remember the forum rules... they are very clear in this instance.

https://www.clublexus.com/index.php/...ew/2160/1/126/
Moderators
ClubLexus Moderators are a group of volunteers to help facilitate discussion on ClubLexus. They should not to be argued with in public when enforcing forum rules and guidelines. All members are welcome to speak with the moderators about their concerns in a polite and calm manner in private. If you have a complaint, you can contact the administrator.

Do not smart off to moderators. They are here by choice alone, and have been bestowed the privilege of maintaining this wonderful site, and acting on direct authority from the Owner and Administrator himself to enforce the rules, regulations, etiquette, and desired environment.

If you have any questions, comments, or issues with a moderator, please contact the administrator at administrator@clublexus.com.
PM me or Ethan if you have a problem.