Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

expanding the FAQ's

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-01, 01:37 AM
disc108
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i think we should work on getting the FAQ's more detailed and more integrated into the site. we get a lot of people comin in and asking the same questions over and over (suspension questions, bulb questions, etc)... gets tiring...
Old 06-16-01, 03:32 PM
Mean Gene
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Welcome Message?

Ted - I agree 100%! Maybe we should create a "Welcome to the Site" statement that not only does that but makes the suggestion that members go to the FAQ section FIRST to see if the answers they seek R in there before posting a redundant question?
Old 06-16-01, 05:35 PM
LexusRules
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i agree but one problem, we could make the FAQ too good, if you know what i mean. If we had like 200 questions in the FAQ, i know I wouldn't sit there and look through pages of Q n A, i would go to the forum and just ask, maybe if we coudl make a really good search and have a big database or something?

i dunno just that since we all want this to be the best site ever i just thing we should make everything amazing, what do u think guys?
Old 06-16-01, 06:28 PM
RealMarty
Lexus Test Driver

If it's structured right with a decent index you wouldn't have to read it all.

Just go to the appropriate heading and read it.
Old 06-18-01, 09:59 AM
disc108
Lead Lap

Default Re: Welcome Message?

Originally posted by Mean Gene
Ted - I agree 100%! Maybe we should create a "Welcome to the Site" statement that not only does that but makes the suggestion that members go to the FAQ section FIRST to see if the answers they seek R in there before posting a redundant question?

Yup. We should have a standard format for the FAQ's and have different people working on the different texts (for suspension, engine, etc) and all UL to the 1 person and that person could format it. It would also have to be pretty indepth and easy to navigate (maybe w/pics).

Another thing is that since this site is getting so much traffic, everytime i come on @ night, it takes me twice as long as before to navigate because there is twice as much stuff and its a little bit slower. Maybe we could charge a $2/month donation/membership fee or something. It would help michael and plus, he might be able to afford to a faster server where he can post videos and whatnot.