Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

Threads read

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-05, 05:35 PM
looknow12
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Threads read

Sometimes, like today, for some reason all threads have been marked read for me. Normally vBulletin will bold any threads that have not been read ever, or since a last post.

I've noticed this on CL a few times over the last 5 months.
Old 08-26-05, 06:41 PM
adidosc
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by looknow12
Sometimes, like today, for some reason all threads have been marked read for me. Normally vBulletin will bold any threads that have not been read ever, or since a last post.

I've noticed this on CL a few times over the last 5 months.
do you get e-mail notifications? if you do, and you click on one to go on the CL site, then close the window and then go back to the CL site, it sees you have been to the site and the ones that are bold with new posts since your last visit go poof. if thats the cause, don't close the window and you should be good.

i hope that all makes sense.
Old 08-27-05, 06:31 AM
looknow12
Lexus Test Driver

vBulletin should only mark the threads you enter as READ. Simply by clicking on a link from an email notification (I do get them btw) which in turn will open internet explorer and then closing internet explorer should not cause this issue.
Old 08-27-05, 06:36 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,286 Likes on 1,392 Posts

That happens to me too. I usually notice it when our tech guys are working on the back end of the forum, perhaps some server cache or something gets cleared out.

Don't think there is anything we can do about it.
Old 08-27-05, 06:41 AM
looknow12
Lexus Test Driver

A quick glance at http://www.vbulletin.org's forums searching for "threads marked read" did not return what I expected, but there most definitely is some configuration or routine that is doing this.

vBulletin stores this information in the database, so I don't believe it's a fluke that they are getting misc marked as read due to a server reboot, etc.
Old 08-27-05, 11:10 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by looknow12
vBulletin should only mark the threads you enter as READ. Simply by clicking on a link from an email notification (I do get them btw) which in turn will open internet explorer and then closing internet explorer should not cause this issue.
Are you sure? I've noticed the contrary. Everytime you come to CL (and basically log in), the timestamp is reset. If you stay active at the time, then things are OK. There seems to be some timeout threshold where if you are inactive for too long, the threads states change (because of the timestamp).

I am not sure how CL is configured. This is just what I've noticed as a user.