Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

Club Lexus Mystery

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-05, 07:14 AM
chicagoblknazn
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Club Lexus Mystery

OK.....who's been messing with my Avatar?
Old 08-29-05, 07:21 AM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 350 Likes on 226 Posts

In as little words as possible.......

We have NWS rules against women pics, and the same apply to men. To get into the nitty gritty PM Dave for "all the info" if interested
Old 08-29-05, 07:26 AM
chicagoblknazn
Lead Lap

Nothing was being shown, though.
Old 08-29-05, 06:01 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by chicagoblknazn
Nothing was being shown, though.
sorry mahn

Old 08-29-05, 06:28 PM
TRULUX
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thats crazy

Last edited by TRULUX; 08-29-05 at 06:38 PM.
Old 08-29-05, 07:07 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,252 Likes on 1,366 Posts

Walt,

Your avatar has always been borderline... while it wasn't showing genitals, it was still definitely on the edge of what we consider NWS for our forum.

We had a complaint about your avatar, the moderators discussed it and I updated it.

We took the same approach we have with many others who have chosen avatars depicting people without enough clothes to cover their bodies... we added some. We've done this for both male and female pictures.

Reminder that we do have many underage members on CL and I ask our members that they select appropriate avatars with that in mind.
Old 08-29-05, 10:54 PM
chicagoblknazn
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
Walt,

Your avatar has always been borderline... while it wasn't showing genitals, it was still definitely on the edge of what we consider NWS for our forum.

We had a complaint about your avatar, the moderators discussed it and I updated it.

We took the same approach we have with many others who have chosen avatars depicting people without enough clothes to cover their bodies... we added some. We've done this for both male and female pictures.

Reminder that we do have many underage members on CL and I ask our members that they select appropriate avatars with that in mind.
A shirtless man is not allowed but this is? ...............

Heard you loud and clear man....

Last edited by chicagoblknazn; 08-31-05 at 09:21 AM.
Old 08-31-05, 03:28 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,252 Likes on 1,366 Posts

Originally Posted by chicagoblknazn
A shirtless man is not allowed but this is? ...............

Heard you loud and clear man....
Let me be more descriptive since apparently you aren't hearing me. Your 'shirtless man' had no clothing on, showed far more skin and was holding a serving tray or something in front of his *****. The woman in the avatar you linked - while somewhat suggestive due to the exposed cleavage - is pretty well (3/4 + ) covered with clothing. NOT the same.

If the avatar you linked offends you (or others do), you can inform a moderator via PM or 'report a post' function and the moderator group will discuss it and make a judgement call whether it's over the line or not - same as we did with yours.

I'm going to close this thread because we don't need to have a bunch of potential avatar examples paraded up for me to describe why / why not they're over the line or not just for kicks and giggles because people think its funny getting me to type "serving tray or something in front of his *****".

If you don't think we're being fair about this, PM me and we'll discuss further this weekend. If you have a problem with another members avatar as in the example above (like some members did with yours), PM a moderator or report a post and we'll examine it. IMO the process is very fair and balanced and does not rest with one person. Your old avatar simply did not pass the test.

Last edited by DaveGS4; 08-31-05 at 04:02 PM.