Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

Any thoughts on Lex Fest planning yet?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-06, 07:09 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
Don't run too far ahead chief, we haven't locked in the exact month yet
DOH!!! I always forget the small details
Old 01-23-06, 12:21 PM
mikefate
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you can count me in for atlanta. and im sure i can persuade at least 10 others to come along.

anyone have a date in mind?
Old 01-23-06, 12:27 PM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by mikefate
you can count me in for atlanta. and im sure i can persuade at least 10 others to come along.

hey check out the NELOC forum once a date is finalized a NE caravan is definately going to be in the works.
Old 01-23-06, 12:44 PM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 301 Likes on 181 Posts

Now how can I talk my wife into this 15 hours + drive down

I have to show the Team Lexus crew my appreciation for the tires I won last year. They want to see pics of the tires on my car - what better way than to drive down?

I don't really know if I can convince my better half to come down...... Unless we combine it with some sort of mini vacation and drive half way down, stop for a couple of days, then drive down the rest of the way. That still leaves the drive back to figure out how to break that up........
Old 01-23-06, 06:26 PM
bigmalik00
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Hameed

I have to show the Team Lexus crew my appreciation for the tires I won last year. They want to see pics of the tires on my car - what better way than to drive down?

I don't really know if I can convince my better half to come down...... Unless we combine it with some sort of mini vacation and drive half way down, stop for a couple of days, then drive down the rest of the way. That still leaves the drive back to figure out how to break that up........
wow...Hameed I will play the lotto for you tomorrow so you can ship the GS and fly...and bring some of your female in-laws.... I will be by myself..I need someone to watch bootleg movies with on the way...
Old 01-23-06, 06:47 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,252 Likes on 1,366 Posts

Originally Posted by mikefate

Working on it.
Old 01-23-06, 07:57 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 533 Likes on 282 Posts

If I can work my vacation around the time you guys set this, perhaps i'll grab some of the West Coast guys to come along with me.
Old 01-23-06, 09:24 PM
adidosc
Lexus Champion

you GOTTA come down!! karen and i both really enjoyed meeting you and your family, we'd like to make that two years in a row! if you do work in a vacation, that'd work out really well. i was actually thinking of doing the same thing depending on when lexfest is, seeing as how we'll have a honeymoon to plan in august! (assuming lexfest is in august of course...)
Old 01-24-06, 07:20 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Originally Posted by adidosc
you GOTTA come down!! karen and i both really enjoyed meeting you and your family, we'd like to make that two years in a row! if you do work in a vacation, that'd work out really well. i was actually thinking of doing the same thing depending on when lexfest is, seeing as how we'll have a honeymoon to plan in august! (assuming lexfest is in august of course...)
The feeling is mutual Ben.

The biggest hurdle I will face is in convincing my wife to make the long trip. Trips like this are very tiring - even more so on her as she is not a gear head like me and my boys. Karen is the same way right?

If my present contract is extended - it may be easier to make the case for a vacation, otherwise it will be hard to make that argument. I will keep my fingers crossed and keep you posted.
Old 01-24-06, 07:22 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Originally Posted by flipside909
If I can work my vacation around the time you guys set this, perhaps i'll grab some of the West Coast guys to come along with me.
If you show up, I can't make any excuses not to show up.....................
Old 01-24-06, 09:01 AM
adidosc
Lexus Champion

The feeling is mutual Ben.

The biggest hurdle I will face is in convincing my wife to make the long trip. Trips like this are very tiring - even more so on her as she is not a gear head like me and my boys. Karen is the same way right?

If my present contract is extended - it may be easier to make the case for a vacation, otherwise it will be hard to make that argument. I will keep my fingers crossed and keep you posted.
yep, karen's the same way. not gear head at all, she only goes to these things because i enjoy them. it's a give/take thing, i go to her horse things and such so she comes to the things i want to go to. works out very nicely.
Old 01-24-06, 07:05 PM
tuddy
Negative Nancy

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by cherplex
hey check out the NELOC forum once a date is finalized a NE caravan is definately going to be in the works.

are we gonna stop or go all the way through? cause i could go all the way...wow thats gonna be a sick caravan lol
Old 01-24-06, 07:37 PM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

yea most definately you guys gotta stop for me and my crew lol
Old 01-24-06, 08:07 PM
adidosc
Lexus Champion

i can only imagine that many lexus cars going down the east coast at one time! the best is to take it in one shot, make it a day of driving and then get ready for the meet the next morning.
Old 01-25-06, 11:41 AM
tuddy
Negative Nancy

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

nah def but im saying once we are all together we should just go for it and dont look back lol