Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

New Logo

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-06, 10:15 AM
GATO
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

enigma354, let's get back on track and not lose track of this one

Attached Thumbnails New Logo-cl-jpeg.jpg  
Old 02-24-06, 12:27 PM
tonydt1g3r
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

why dont you make it flash like my old web page

Flash Title

its got a little car and a little road the programming is about 3 years old but still nifty
Old 02-24-06, 12:49 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I like the flash celica!!! Yeah, it would be cool to make it a .swf or animated .gif file...that's a possibility...

Originally Posted by O. L. T.
That is making me OD on Cl logos.
Sorry, it made me OD too. I'm not going to post anymore of these 'multiple banners in one' pics.

Originally Posted by GATO
enigma354, let's get back on track and not lose track of this one
Agreed, if you guys like the original direction, I'm going back to it..largely. Here it is with just the slight revisions suggested by others:

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
I like the last with the gold but the 'C' isn't as big or italicized like the L - is that deliberate?

Anyway, you da man!
After doing the original, sometimes a different direction is needed 'just to be sure'...I was testing to see if it would work to have the L as center. That effort now makes me think that the original choice was better, as you suggested with both C and L equally prominent. I do like the gold too though...

Old 02-24-06, 06:41 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,413 Likes on 1,582 Posts

Those last two are both great. I tend to prefer the first with the blue letters other than C and L.
Old 02-24-06, 11:17 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Thx for the suggestions, bitkahuna! Thx everyone for their comments.

Here is that blue and gold one, with a wider subscript.
Attached Thumbnails New Logo-simple-clean-sha-fin.jpg  

Last edited by encore888; 02-25-06 at 01:21 AM.
Old 02-25-06, 07:44 PM
engin_ear
Everything in Moderation

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I don't want to be bashful here - I think the new orange/black logo sucks. No offense to whoever created or approved it, but it has inconsistent style and no pizzazz. If nothing else, why isn't the lower left corner of the "L" rounded like the e, u, and s???

Originally Posted by mikal
here it is without the sharp edges.
My fav so far is the one Mikal posted. Just because you can't use the Lexus L doesn't mean you need a radical change. Why not create something that captures the same essence that the original one does? THAT's why everyone complained about the new one. I can't see anyone getting sued if the exact font and Lexus emblem is not used.

The current logo looks like Club Chevy trying to impersonate Club Lexus. Also reminds me of my old sliver '86 Dodge Daytona with black and bright orange striping, decent car at the time, but the orange stripe was always out of place and gave it that el-cheapo American car look.

The other logos being shown are not bad, it's just that they aren't tied to the essence of Lexus. Who's gonna complain if you remove the 'L' from the Lexus emblem and use it by itself, and with it use a similar font, but not "alexis"?

Another thing you have to ask is - would you put a sticker of the logo on your car? The old one certainly fit in quite well.
Attached Thumbnails New Logo-untitled-3.jpg  
Old 02-25-06, 08:57 PM
mikal
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

here's another version but just changed the bottom font and scaled out a bit to fit the width of the Club lexus logo
Attached Thumbnails New Logo-1.jpg  
Old 02-26-06, 03:14 PM
SDLexus
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by engin_ear
...Just because you can't use the Lexus L doesn't mean you need a radical change. Why not create something that captures the same essence that the original one does? THAT's why everyone complained about the new one. I can't see anyone getting sued if the exact font and Lexus emblem is not used.

The other logos being shown are not bad, it's just that they aren't tied to the essence of Lexus. Who's gonna complain if you remove the 'L' from the Lexus emblem and use it by itself, and with it use a similar font, but not "alexis"?

Another thing you have to ask is - would you put a sticker of the logo on your car? The old one certainly fit in quite well.
I agree. I have an idea that might work...
Old 02-26-06, 03:16 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,253 Likes on 1,367 Posts

Guys the same 'intent' rules should apply to the font. The ideas we'd consider are those that don't look quite so close to Alexis.

Very much appreciate all the feedback and the attempts, be certain we're reviewing them all
Old 02-26-06, 03:32 PM
SDLexus
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
Guys the same 'intent' rules should apply to the font. The ideas we'd consider are those that don't look quite so close to Alexis.

Very much appreciate all the feedback and the attempts, be certain we're reviewing them all
The only "unique" letterforms I've seen in the Alexis font since it's used sparingly by Lexus corporate (again I doubt Alexis is the official corporate font) would be the "E" and the "S." Lexus does not own the heavy, extended, rounded style and it is used by many companies. If this a hard and fast rule then I think you're really limiting yourself to certain designs which may not reflect continuity with the old logo or the company that this site is inspired by.

I saw this posted in the sticker request thread,
Originally Posted by DaveGS4
No previews right now. The logo and website update are being by a professional design company and are still in draft form.

All I can say is please be patient.
I hope you didn't end up paying too much for that logo. Just by looking at that logo I can tell that they just increased the height by vertically stretching what used to be an extended font. Poor design and a poor workaround IMO - looks amateurish.
Old 02-26-06, 03:37 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Originally Posted by SDLexus
The only "unique" letterforms I've seen in the Alexis font since it's used sparingly by Lexus corporate (again I doubt Alexis is the official corporate font) would be the "E" and the "S." Lexus does not own the heavy, extended, rounded style and it is used by many companies. If this a hard and fast rule then I think you're really limiting yourself to certain designs which may not reflect continuity with the old logo or the company that this site is inspired by.
If you have something you like, post it. I'm just letting those submitting alternatives (thank you) know that if the appearance is too close to Alexis font we're not likely to pick it. The 'definition' of too close will only be known when we look at what you guys are posting up... very much a gray area and we'll have to make a judgement call.

Originally Posted by SDLexus

I hope you didn't end up paying too much for that logo. Just by looking at that logo I can tell that they just increased the height by vertically stretching what used to be an extended font. Poor design and a poor workaround IMO - looks amateurish.
I concur. The logo there now was pushed out to meet a deadline. We'll consider all alternatives for new options and may still end up enhancing the draft design above.
Old 02-26-06, 05:33 PM
GSoup
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

i agree with sd lexus... that was my initial response ..i wasn't trying to create McDowell's as stated but I was trying to keep the feel of lexus ..its point was that you can still finesse fonts and design something that still keeps the feeling of what you had.
Old 02-26-06, 06:06 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Guys I'd like that too but I'm telling you the legal interpretation is much more conservative than you'd like it to be. If you want to put up options that are close to the old logo that's fine and I appreciate the effort, but I'm telling you as plainly as I can they are not likely to be used.
Old 02-26-06, 06:34 PM
mikal
Lexus Champion

here's another suggestion. I tried to make the L not so much like the L emblem but for some reason, i just couldnt get around it.
Attached Thumbnails New Logo-untitled-3.jpg  
Old 02-26-06, 06:42 PM
mikal
Lexus Champion

on the banner with just black.
Attached Thumbnails New Logo-untitled-4.jpg