Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

Intellitxt taking its toll ... as usual.

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-06, 12:20 PM
Mike_TX
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Angry Intellitxt taking its toll ... as usual.

In every forum I frequent where intellitxt has been implemented, pages become slower to load, and eventually drag the forum down to a crawl. I'm sad to see that's happening here, too.

In addition, of course, members generally despise those stupid green hotlinks that light up everytime you enter a word like car or Lexus or brakes whatever. Worse yet, text balloons pop up if you make the mistake of running your mouse over them, cluttering your screen.

Today, the slow loading of intellitxt finally brought my PC to a halt ... and it is a 4-month-old, 4GHz Dell with a gig of SDRAM running XP pro and Netscape 8.1, on a DSL Elite connection clocking close to 6MBps download speed. First time that's happened, needless to say, but the last thing I saw was that progess bar at the foot of the browser window saying "Transferring data from clublexus.intellitxt.com"...

I personally feel the Admin's here need to decide whether it's worth it to alienate the membership and slow down the page load for the "support" CL gets from intellitxt, especially considering that most people don't respond favorably to advertising that's forced on them. I really sincerely doubt intellitxt advertisers are getting more hits because of this intrusion into their forum.

The other forums I visit have changed their minds and gotten rid of this scourge, and I hope CL will come to the same conclusion.
Old 06-06-06, 12:28 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,286 Likes on 1,392 Posts

First of all, this question belongs in the 'site suggestions & problems forum' as it isn't related to the 2IS. Please help moderators out by putting posts in the appropriate place in the first place.

Secondly, there are instructions stickyed at the top of that forum how to turn off intellitext if you don't care for it. https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=212533

I understand your frustration with Intellitext, but I have a slower machine and connection than you and have not had similar problems... and I'm online a lot more than pretty much anyone else here. If it bugs you, turn if off. If you clear your cookies, you have to turn it off again.

Whether to keep it or not for long term, we'll take under advisement as we evalutate the financial situation of the forum (which typically runs in the red).

Last edited by DaveGS4; 06-06-06 at 12:37 PM.
Old 06-06-06, 02:00 PM
Mike_TX
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks for the info, Dave. And sorry for putting the rant in the wrong place.

I had missed the instruction on disabling the links, but have now done so.

Thanks!