Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

Section To Post TSB's ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-06, 02:19 AM
Ingram4868
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Section To Post TSB's ?

How about a specific category to post TSB's from Lexus? I've noticed that when this type of category is used on other sites that visiting reviews tend to go way up. Maybe the manufacturer likes to keep tabs on how many are experiencing these types of issues.
Old 06-13-06, 08:43 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,286 Likes on 1,392 Posts

David,

Sorry I tried to respond to this yesterday but we had a power outage just as I replied and it didn't save.

We keep information on TSBs in each model forum when members discuss them, and I think that's appropriate. We once had a 'Library' that contined TSBs but it was very seldom used and manually intensive to research and keep updated - which we aren't staffed to do.

There are several websites such as alldata.com that do a better job than we could investigating, categorizing and publishing TSBs. For now we'll just refer folks to those sites to obtain the details on new TSBs and they can come back here to discuss.

Thanks for your thoughts!
Old 06-13-06, 01:59 PM
BC-GS430
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

FYI.

Alldata no longer posts TSB's for all makes in they're free section.
Old 06-13-06, 02:08 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,286 Likes on 1,392 Posts

I'd read something different here (have not checked it out myself)

Originally Posted by rxdriver
Alldata finally has full copies of TSB's online (not just the titles), but it looks like they're keeping only the most recent 6 months.
They're sorted by manufacturer. It's a bit of a drag to go through them all looking for a particular model and year, but it's better than paying Toyota $10 to access the TIS Web site just to check TSB's.
http://www.alldata.com/tsb/index.html
Regardless - still not something we're going to take on at CL, sorry. If members who have access to TIS want to organize posts for each model, we'll be glad to sticky
Old 06-13-06, 07:00 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
We once had a 'Library' that contined TSBs but it was very seldom used and manually intensive to research and keep updated - which we aren't staffed to do.
On top of that...it took forever to post each one.

Here's a good site that keeps their TSIB's updated, but you have to be registered subscriber to access it:

http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/local_links/