Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

Post any comments, problems or questions related to the upgrade here please!

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-06, 06:03 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

This rectangular one might fit the long, sleek look of the new CL logo better...
Attached Images  

Last edited by encore888; 08-24-06 at 06:07 PM.
Old 08-24-06, 06:04 PM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by enigma888
How about this? I attached the little file as a .JPG. Can't attach .ico files though. It could be converted...
If you can, enigma888, please do it in the GIF or PNG format. JPG is based on a lossful compression and is good only for photos. Thanks for the efforts BTW.
Old 08-24-06, 06:08 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Thx for the advice. No wonder wikipedia wants icons as .png! Redone.

BTW: I thought of one more possibility, that being black-on-white, which might make the CL look more prominent.

Last edited by encore888; 08-24-06 at 08:16 PM.
Old 08-25-06, 07:56 PM
amf1932
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm sorry to say that ever since this sites upgrade everything seems to load pretty slowly. It's most likely because of all the graphics, or whatever. I'm using an extremely fast broadband line, and this now has become the most frustrating, slow, site to navigate. I absolutely loved the speed of this site before the upgrade.......so why'd you do it since it surely is not better?
Old 08-25-06, 07:59 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,286 Likes on 1,392 Posts

Originally Posted by amf1932
I'm sorry to say that ever since this sites upgrade everything seems to load pretty slowly. It's most likely because of all the graphics, or whatever. I'm using an extremely fast broadband line, and this now has become the most frustrating, slow, site to navigate. I absolutely loved the speed of this site before the upgrade.......so why'd you do it since it surely is not better?
We're aware of the speed issue and are working on additional tuning and hardware to address it.

Why? Because the newer version is more secure, addresses many of the bugs of the last version and will be faster once the tuning and hardware components are in place.

Hang tight. It is *especially* slow today and yesterday I've noticed
Old 08-25-06, 08:43 PM
doug_999
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
We're aware of the speed issue and are working on additional tuning and hardware to address it.

Why? Because the newer version is more secure, addresses many of the bugs of the last version and will be faster once the tuning and hardware components are in place.

Hang tight. It is *especially* slow today and yesterday I've noticed
I have to admit, that since the upgrade, there has been none of the complete come to a halt that CL used to experience after say 7PM. Might just be that everyone is on vaca ,but for some reason, things seem faster to me of late.
Old 08-26-06, 01:21 AM
encore888
Lexus Champion

I was changing avatars, and I found that vbulletin does not allow animated avatars. Is this something new after the upgrade? Other CL members have animated avatars.
Old 08-26-06, 05:49 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,286 Likes on 1,392 Posts

Originally Posted by enigma888
I was changing avatars, and I found that vbulletin does not allow animated avatars. Is this something new after the upgrade? Other CL members have animated avatars.
Fixed..........
Old 08-26-06, 12:44 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Thank you!
Old 08-29-06, 07:28 PM
amf1932
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't know whether the "powers that be" are still working to correct the slowness of this upgraded website, but it has become painfully slow bringing up web pages. As I have said previously, I have a super fast broadband connection that works extremely fast on most any of the other websites that I peruse. This is the way CL worked before. It now works slower then the dial-up connection that I used years ago! I'm totally frustrated when I come here, but I'll hang in there.
BTW: This slowness has been replicated on 3 other computers in 3 other areas, so I know it's not an isolated incident.
Old 08-29-06, 09:45 PM
skperformance
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Hmm ,funny .
I have no speed issues and i only use DSL.
I also have the ads removed as well as a few other spots blocked which may be helping my load times. Now if i can only get the blue strip to finally disappear and get a full screen again i will be so happy.
BTW nice upgraded layout , i love it except for the side banner which should shortly go away for me.
Nice work
Old 08-31-06, 12:49 PM
upstateGS4
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by XeroK00L
EDIT: Please skip this post and jump to post #65 for the latest fix 2.1.Haha, you're welcome. Now behold, the fix 2.0 (or shall I say, ClubLexus 4.0 patch level 2 )!

Fix 2.0 for Firefox users:

1. Create a file named "userContent.css" under the directory "C:\Documents and Settings\<your Windows XP username>\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\<some strange word>.default\chrome" with the following content:
Code:
@-moz-document domain(clublexus.com), domain(www.clublexus.com) {
div[id="header"], div[id="horizmenu"], div[class="search"], div[id="bluebar"], div[id="qdspicture"] {
  display: none !important;
}
div[id="qdsheader"] {
  height: 0px !important;
}
div[id="qdsmenu"] {
  top:0px !important;
  left:0px !important;
}
div[id="qds"] {
  top:35px !important;
}
td[id="rightcol"] {
  width: 0px !important;
}
}
2. Install Adblock Plus.
3. Restart Firefox.
4. Go to Tools > Adblock Plus .
5. Click "Add filter...".
6. Fill in "http://206.123.109.18/*".
7. Click OK.
8. Go to ClubLexus
9. Thank me.

Screenshot of the ClubLexus 4.0 PL2 taken at 1024x768:

hey bro, just wanted to say, did this mod in both my widescreen laptop and my big lcd at work and im loving it. board is basically back to normal now without the annoying ads or big banners and its making use of the entire screen for posting/thread reading etc. like it used to without the new "interference"
Old 08-31-06, 03:27 PM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by upstateGS4
hey bro, just wanted to say, did this mod in both my widescreen laptop and my big lcd at work and im loving it. board is basically back to normal now without the annoying ads or big banners and its making use of the entire screen for posting/thread reading etc. like it used to without the new "interference"
You're welcome man. Just remember not to quote the entire message next time. And by quoting the fix 2.0 I assume that you're missing out the leaner fix 2.1. It's even faster.
Old 08-31-06, 03:59 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 96 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by XeroK00L
You're welcome man. Just remember not to quote the entire message next time. And by quoting the fix 2.0 I assume that you're missing out the leaner fix 2.1. It's even faster.
hey xero, any way 2.0 or 2.1 can be modified to ONLY exclude the side flash and the banner/flash above the menu bar?
Old 08-31-06, 09:17 PM
TAMR_GUS98
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Excessively Have to Relog In!

I hate having to relog in and then not being returned to where I left off prior to having to log in again. Like posting a reply. Then having to relog in. Then not being returned to the thread you wanted to reply to.

Quick Reply: Post any comments, problems or questions related to the upgrade here please!