Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

Post any comments, problems or questions related to the upgrade here please!

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-06, 12:46 AM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
Javier,

Which forums have this so I can check them out on my blackberry please.
Notebook Review:http://forum.notebookreview.com Scroll down all the way, and there's a drop-down menu that allows you to change from "NotebookReview.com style" to "NotebookReview.com Mobile."

TreoCentral: http://discussion.treocentral.com Again, scroll down all the way and there's a "style chooser," where you can pick the mobile version.

BlackBerryForums.com:http://wap.blackberryforums.com This is simply a "lite" version of their forums - you probably are well aware of this being a CrackBerry user...

And finally, here is a link to the "low-fi" version of (earmuffs, junior) "another Lexus forum"...http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums...ex.php/f2.html I would KILL for that type of version of CL As it stands now, I have to use a browser on my Treo that uses a proxy (Opera Mini) so it will load in less than an hour, even with no pictures.

Hope this helps!

Javier

Last edited by javyLSU; 08-15-06 at 12:50 AM.
Old 08-15-06, 01:00 AM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Oh, and how about a favicon that matches the new logo? I noticed the current one is still the old orange and white "CL".

Javier
Old 08-15-06, 06:17 AM
upstateGS4
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MeanLex
That's because everything in "Upstate N.Y." runs slower than down here in the Metropolitan area.
j/k

lol poughkeepsie/albany area is only like 1.5 hrs from where you're at so our levels of slacking only vary slightly from yours ...board seems to be running a little faster today by the way dave... good luck with the updates and fixes whatever you all decide to do with the banners... im not complainin anymore im just a happy f'er because today i finally bought my TTE lip

Last edited by upstateGS4; 08-15-06 at 06:25 AM.
Old 08-15-06, 06:30 AM
fireballs gs400
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Won't Let Me Log In At Home

The server tells me that upgrades are being done on my home laptop. I get to work to search, and it pop's up fine. any suggestions?
Old 08-15-06, 06:48 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator
Administrator

Received 2,338 Likes on 1,424 Posts

Originally Posted by fireballs gs400
The server tells me that upgrades are being done on my home laptop. I get to work to search, and it pop's up fine. any suggestions?
Delete your IE cookies on your home machine.
Old 08-15-06, 06:55 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator
Administrator

Originally Posted by PureDrifter
AHHH!!

i just noticed that the entire LIBRARY section has gone missing!!!!

is this gone for good? is it a temporary absence? will we at least get too keep the articles that were on it even if no new ones are made?
I'll find out. I pointed that out during our limited beta testing and the initial answer was we can always keep them active on the "archive.clublexus.com" version but I'd also prefer some other solution.

Also missing are articles / links for forum rules and advertising info. Those should be fixed this weekend.
Old 08-15-06, 08:38 AM
b1gredek
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i didnt read all five pages of this,, but one poblem i have is that it doesnt track confirmed sent messages anymore... maybe its suppose to do this,,,i dont know,, thanks anyways
Old 08-15-06, 08:39 AM
upstateGS4
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll find out. I pointed that out during our limited beta testing and the initial answer was we can always keep them active on the "archive.clublexus.com" version but I'd also prefer some other solution.

Also missing are articles / links for forum rules and advertising info. Those should be fixed this weekend.

are the top banner/buttons sizing/real estate and ad placements being modified with this weekends update as well?

Last edited by upstateGS4; 08-15-06 at 08:43 AM.
Old 08-15-06, 09:11 AM
javyLSU
2IS OG

I just noticed in a post made this morning that the brand-name "D1ckies" cannot be used becuase it gets censored - is that an error, or is a necessary evil to keep the knuckleheads in line?

Javier
Old 08-15-06, 09:31 AM
ff_
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by upstateGS4
are the top banner/buttons sizing/real estate and ad placements being modified with this weekends update as well?
Doesn't sound like it. After all, we come to this site to view banners, buttons, and brushed metal frames, right?
Old 08-15-06, 09:36 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator
Administrator

Originally Posted by ff_
Doesn't sound like it. After all, we come to this site to view banners, buttons, and brushed metal frames, right?
FF_, your comments concerns have been noted. Now you're just whining...please be constructive or exit this thread.

Upstate - I don't know the answer. Ethan is the one to make those decisions and he's completely unavailable until the weekend.
Old 08-15-06, 09:37 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator
Administrator

Originally Posted by javyLSU
I just noticed in a post made this morning that the brand-name "D1ckies" cannot be used becuase it gets censored - is that an error, or is a necessary evil to keep the knuckleheads in line?

Javier
Yes. Knuckleheads abound. If we were a work clothes forum, we might have to change that... but we don't run into a lot of **** on this forum other than its use as an inappropriate word.
Old 08-15-06, 09:42 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator
Administrator

Originally Posted by b1gredek
i didnt read all five pages of this,, but one poblem i have is that it doesnt track confirmed sent messages anymore... maybe its suppose to do this,,,i dont know,, thanks anyways
It still does. Just need to check the little box directly under the PM text area under 'Additional Options' called 'Request a read receipt for this message'

The change is that in this version of VBulletin it doesn't automatically create a pop up to prompt you to track or cancel tracking.
Old 08-15-06, 09:56 AM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes. Knuckleheads abound. If we were a work clothes forum, we might have to change that... but we don't run into a lot of **** on this forum other than its use as an inappropriate word.
Speaking of censorship, a few posts ago I was trying to use the word "r e s o l u t i o n" in discussion regarding the right banner limiting usability for users with screens of resolution 1024x768 or under. Any idea why this word is censored? I'm actually very curious to see the full list of pattern matchings that are supposed to catch the "bad" words.

EDIT: That's odd. This time the word "resolution" isn't ****'d out. OK well please ignore this comment until I find the next strange instance of censorship then.

Hmm let me test:
Screenshot taken at resolution 1024x768...
Resolution

Strange... Can't duplicate it anymore.

Last edited by XeroK00L; 08-15-06 at 09:59 AM.
Old 08-15-06, 09:57 AM
noop
Instructor

how long has the site been back? since friday its been telling me its down for upgrades, until about 10 mins. ago

Quick Reply: Post any comments, problems or questions related to the upgrade here please!