Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

Don't you hate it when ppl come to this site just to pick brains and then leave?

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-06, 10:48 PM
link13
Lead Lap

Received 45 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Nauticalx
Hey:

I don't know about you guys but I noticed that our site draws alot of freebee people who simply signup to ask a quextion about a car problem then get their responses and never post again and don't even say thanks?

For example, I've noticed that tons of people starting threads about things like "need help asap", "whats this part number?", "how can I fix a bumper scratch for cheap?" etc. alot of these posts are their very first post on the site. Then a few responses come in, the user never posts again and they don't even update us on whether or not they got the problem fixed and what it turned out to be. Not even a thanks. I know sites like this exist for people to share ideas and help eachother out but these people contribute NOTHING to our site. People are so patronizing when they need stuff done....

As a member of 5 years with not even 900 posts, I really don't have a problem with it.
Old 09-19-06, 03:11 PM
SoCal_VIP
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
I'm with STIG.
That's what we are here for......and one of the reasons why CAR CHAT and the Lexus model forums exist.......to share our knowledge with others. If some people are rude or unapprectative, that's life.
Couldn't of said it any better myself
Old 09-19-06, 09:51 PM
CantSeeMe
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Nauticalx
Hey:

I don't know about you guys but I noticed that our site draws alot of freebee people who simply signup to ask a quextion about a car problem then get their responses and never post again and don't even say thanks?

For example, I've noticed that tons of people starting threads about things like "need help asap", "whats this part number?", "how can I fix a bumper scratch for cheap?" etc. alot of these posts are their very first post on the site. Then a few responses come in, the user never posts again and they don't even update us on whether or not they got the problem fixed and what it turned out to be. Not even a thanks. I know sites like this exist for people to share ideas and help eachother out but these people contribute NOTHING to our site. People are so patronizing when they need stuff done....

I know where you're coming from. And Its nice to get a thank you, when you give some advise.
But honestly it doesnt bother me . Actually for me it makes it that much better when a suggestion is appreciated. Ive had times where ive responded to threads started by a new member. And a week later i have a PM from them thanking my so much for the help.
I would bet that a majority of the 1 posters asking for help, never to be seen again. Never even see the 411 posts anyway. So you cant sweat it, its just how it is.
I do have to say that not giving an update after a long thread of tips and suggestions is poor forum proticol. But truth be told, some OG members are just as bad as newbies on updating their threads once there is a resolution. Maybe even moreso. Plus they know better..
At least most newbie threads with pleas for help theres only 3-4 posts .
The more known and active you are , the more others are apt to respond to your 911 requests. Wich is how it should be. But sometimes there ends up being 2-3 pages of back and forth Q & A to sift through, suddenly the problem is apparently fixed. So the thread starter has no need to look at the thread again , So theres nothing to sum it up .
Anyhow i do have to say that i have appreciation for this forum and all the members that helped me out along the way. Its helped me out greatly! Thank you all!
Old 09-21-06, 12:38 PM
tuddy
Negative Nancy

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

its a online forum i wouldnt take it that serious
Old 09-22-06, 12:48 PM
sc250tt
Lexus Champion

i was just like that .but cars give problems thats why im on cl everyday now .this site helped me alot with my cars i do all the work on my car myself and if it wasent for club lexus it would be a big mess .i dont mind sharing my knoledge with other sc drivers ,looking at other members rides . trust me if you own a lexus and visited this site once ,you will again in the future .garunteed