Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

Separate WTB sections

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-07, 09:38 AM
zinkie13
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Separate WTB sections

It seems a lot of other sites have the For sale and want to buy sections separated. It seems much more efficient. Is there any reason we couldn't have separate sections?
Old 07-01-07, 01:35 PM
neurocity
Neu`roc´i`ty

Received 76 Likes on 39 Posts

Do you mean a separate WTB forum or a Child forum with in the category?
Old 07-01-07, 03:49 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,285 Likes on 1,391 Posts

We've considered doing this in the past and have decided not to for a few reasons:

1) Since all our classifieds are listed for each model of Lexus and sometimes for generations of each model (there are a lot more sub-forums compared to many other forums) and they all are linked directly as 'sub forums' on our main forums page (and we want to keep that), it would effectivly double the 'real estate' needed to list them all and often cause confusion.

2) If we put them as a sub forum under each model classified, they would get far less 'eyes' looking at them compared to the main model classified and the members who do have a WTB would be negatively impacted. It would also cause them to just start putting the WTB in the main model classified forum creating extra work for the moderators.

3) A central single WTB forum (not related to a specific model) is too generic to consider... our members generally are looking for something very specific for a certain vehicle.

4) The number of WTB threads is very low compared to 'for sale' posts - maybe 100 to 1 - and the traffic does not warrant its own forum(s)

Although we won't be implementing it, thanks for the idea, keep 'em coming

Last edited by DaveGS4; 07-01-07 at 03:53 PM.
Old 07-07-07, 02:38 PM
zinkie13
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I donno, I think the WTB section would work. What I am talking about works on supraforums and their membership is much much lower. For instance, at any given time there are 150 people viewing the sc300 section on CL and about 30 max viewing non turbo and turbo MKIV section on SF. Maybe it is because there isn't a section that there aren't more WTB adds posted??? I just don't think it would hurt. You would still click on the same link to get there, there could just be another page inside to go to the WTB section.
Old 07-07-07, 07:42 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,285 Likes on 1,391 Posts

Thank you for making my points.

More eyeballs on the main model classified is a big benefit to the member with a WTB post. They're much more likely to get overlooked in a small subforum that many members won't ever look at.

Supraforums just has one model vehicle (two if you count the way they've separated their wtb into MkIV and MkII/MkIII) where we have twelve.

As I said earlier I appreciate your idea and input but this is one topic we have considered several times in the past and we're not going to do it. If you want to discuss it further please PM me rather than create additional threads / polls.