Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

Why is posting a compatible part in multiple model classified forums "spamming"?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-07, 10:53 PM
slowdiver
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why is posting a compatible part in multiple model classified forums "spamming"?

I'm selling a SC 4.27 differential that I used in my GS. I simply want to link the original GS classified sale in the SC forum.

Same goes for a steering wheel and airbag that works on multiple Lexus models that I would like to sell and just want to link the original classified ad in multiple model classifieds.

I linked the 4.27 differential classified ad in the Southern CA forum since it is SoCal pick-up only and it was deleted.

Alot of members and more importantly potential buyers may not be aware that these parts are compatible and therefore don't enter the other model classifieds. This "spamming" rule should not pertain to a simple multi-model classified link.

Am I taking up too much bandwidth??
Old 07-10-07, 06:10 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,285 Likes on 1,391 Posts

You've listed two questions:
1) listing the for sale item in multiple classifieds
2) listing the for sale item in the 'regular' (not for sale) forums

On #1
Yes, there are literally thousands of compatible parts that can be cross listed and we had many members get carried away posting the most minute items that 'might' be useful for another model. In many cases the seller didn't really know / wasn't sure if the part was compatible, they just posted for maximum exposure of what they are selling. The sellers sometimes also used the multiple listings to take advantage of buyers and running up their selling price when they had multiple parties interested in the item for sale (making an auction between sellers in the different forums).

A secondary issue was non-approved vendors listing bulk items multiple places and using the different listings to conceal that they were selling outside our forum rules.

These issues happened repeatedly and we put in place the rule below:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=204667
3. No spamming. This means pick one and only one classified forum to post your for sale item in, even if it possibly pertains to several models.
It's fair to the seller as they get to pick the model where the item will generate the most interest (for example we don't make you sell a Supra TT LSD in the 'general classifieds') and its fair to the buyers, the moderating staff and CL.

On #2
You cannot post for sale items outside of the classifieds, period. Otherwise we might as well not have the marketplace classifieds and just make the entire CL forum a 'free for all'. If you want local pickup only, I suggest you put it in your thread title.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/faq...aq_marketplace
Classifieds / Club Lexus Marketplace
For sale and want to buy (“WTB) posts are allowed only in the Club Lexus marketplace forums, not the main forums. If you have an item that can be used across multiple models, pick one and only one classified forum to place the item in, or use the ‘general’ for sale area...
I understand it may be in your personal best interest to post your 427 differential as many places as you can, but it is not in the best interest of CL. I'm sorry if you disagree with them, but these aren't going to change. Please follow the fair rules we have or sell it somewhere else.

Last edited by DaveGS4; 07-10-07 at 06:40 AM.