Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

bad experience with R&J distributing

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-07, 08:50 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,372 Likes on 1,557 Posts

Guys, we've only heard 2.5's description of BOTH sides of the story, and I think you're glossing over what R&J did in response to 2.5 being upset.

First off, the reason 2.5 was so sensitive according to him:

Originally Posted by 2.5tsoarer
I was a bit pissed since these parts are vital to finishing the front end on my car which was scheduled to be installed this saturday.
R&J's response, according to 2.5:

His replay which claimed I had not right to be Flipping out, Also included a short history lesson on how long they have been in business
If that is in fact what happened, R&J is FLAT WRONG in handling it this way. How about "I'm sorry, we screwed up - you've every right to be upset, now how can we make the best out of this?" But as described by 2.5, THAT response was almost guaranteed to inflame the situation.

As a business owner myself I let him have my opinion and told him that after "6" years you would think they'd learn to double check orders before they ship.
Valid point, although everyone makes mistakes.

Well, he felt he didnt need to hear anything from anyone and instead of sending me the part I waited and Paid for he was going to refund me my money.
Which was basically a cop out by R&J as he didn't want to deal with the customer any longer, when the situation was salvageable.

So sure, 2.5 shouldn't have been so hot and bothered about a part missing, but he was counting on it for the reason he gave (we've probably all been there).

Anyway, 2 sides to every story...
Old 07-29-07, 04:59 PM
vince1128
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2.5tsoarer
2.5tsoarer:
"WTF where is the metal strip that goes with the rubber one for the bumper, I paid for that !!!!"
yeah buddy i would call that flipping out

you shouldnt have been a about it and responded in a respectable tone. that might have helped

R&J:
"HI there....maybe we made mistake, but you don't have to be all fliping out over it, our shipping guy prob just forgot to put it in the box, we have been in business over 6 years, carry over 100 lexus SC in lot for parts, we will make the order right....so no worry there, and here is what we can offer to you, and we will ship you the bumper metal trim with it..."

seems pretty helpful to me, he was trying to help. mistakes get made.

If you went to McDonalds and ordered a big mac and got a McChicken do you think you would get more done by going to the counter and saying,

"I ordered a big mac and you gave me a mcchicken, heres my receipt, can you fix this for me please?"
or:
"WTF where is my big mac?!?! I paid for that!!!"
Old 07-29-07, 06:28 PM
ScottURnot
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Man, this got blown out of proportion. Sorry you had the problem but to error is human. Things happen, its called life, How you react to it is youre call.
Old 07-30-07, 06:18 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,239 Likes on 1,358 Posts

I think this thread has had plenty of constructive pro / con. Let's leave it on that note.