Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

Issue with my order at carsontoyota.com (resolved)

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-08, 02:40 PM
dat-is350
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Issue with my order at carsontoyota.com (resolved)

I ordered some maintenance items last week and received a phone call from them saying that they will ship it out last thursday and I would get a tracking number in my email. Its been well past Thursday and still nothing. I e-mailed them two times and still nothing. Hopefully it ships off tomorrow or I will have to cancel and just get them from a local lexus dealer.
Old 01-02-08, 02:43 PM
ReLexin
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

have to give them a break.... there was just a bunch of holidays in a row.
Old 01-02-08, 03:40 PM
kikaida
Lead Lap

That happened to me too, being not responsive. This was way before the holidays. Eventually i did receive my items.
Old 01-02-08, 05:36 PM
zardoth
Rookie

I'd recommend calling them, they seem to respond better via phone in my experience.
Old 01-02-08, 05:44 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

ok, i have to be fair to the OP (and i support carson toyota a lot as well), some of you shouldn't jump on him.

carson toyota was open last wed, thurs, friday, and saturday i believe (i know couple dealerships parts and service departments were open), and i would also imagine them to be open this past monday. they were closed yesterday 1/1 i guess, so it was one day off.

and from what OP said, carson promised they would send an email with tracking last thursday. so in that sense, carson didn't meet the promise. OP is not being unreasonable to be disappointed. holidays shouldn't be an excuse if the seller made a promise already

in a sense OP has the right to be disappointed since they haven't been able to do what they promise. but at the same time i would recommend OP to just call carson tomorrow and ask about what's going on as well. that's always the most effective

everyone let's help the situation and not jump on sides
Old 01-02-08, 05:45 PM
z4frosik
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yea same thing happened to me, but one has to realize it's probably one of the most hectic times of the year .. for everyone. Carson is still my favorite place for parts though :O
Old 01-02-08, 06:44 PM
Carson-Lex
Original CL Sponsor since 1999

Originally Posted by dat-is350
I ordered some maintenance items last week and received a phone call from them saying that they will ship it out last thursday and I would get a tracking number in my email. Its been well past Thursday and still nothing. I e-mailed them two times and still nothing. Hopefully it ships off tomorrow or I will have to cancel and just get them from a local lexus dealer.
Hey Dat, I'm not to sure if it was Gordon, Cesar or myself who was helping you out with your order, but if you like you can PM me or call me with the details so I can see what the status is on your order, including getting you the tracking numbers for whatever items they are. I will be in the office tommorrow from 7am to 5 pm. You can reach me at 310-522-2383 and Cesar at 310-522-2330 and Gordon at 310-522-2384. Also I check Pm' first before I do anything else, so you can pm me also.

Trending Topics

Old 01-02-08, 07:23 PM
Rehab_Pain
Rookie

maybe the order just got lost in the shuffle. it happens sometimes. I ordered some coilovers from luis through the website last week and called to confirm the order. he was nice and they sent me a tracking number that day. Supposed to come in tomorrow. I'm sure if you just talk to them you can get stuff straightened out.
Old 01-02-08, 11:01 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by Carson-Lex
Hey Dat, I'm not to sure if it was Gordon, Cesar or myself who was helping you out with your order, but if you like you can PM me or call me with the details so I can see what the status is on your order, including getting you the tracking numbers for whatever items they are. I will be in the office tommorrow from 7am to 5 pm. You can reach me at 310-522-2383 and Cesar at 310-522-2330 and Gordon at 310-522-2384. Also I check Pm' first before I do anything else, so you can pm me also.
i am glad that luis has replied so quickly. hopefully this is a way to restore OP's confidence and have the issue resolved soon!
Old 01-03-08, 09:44 AM
dat-is350
Lead Lap

Thanks a lot rominl! And also thanks a lot Luis. Issue is being resolved. Item should be shipped out today and get here tomorrow. Even after all this, I still have to give Carson toyota a
Old 01-03-08, 09:57 AM
Carson-Lex
Original CL Sponsor since 1999

Thanks Dat, but I still want to post up so others who read this thread know what happened. It was an error on our side, we got caught up with a lot of orders over the holidays, and Dat's order was left on our shipping table un sent. We are getting it sent to him today next day, so he receives it tommorrow.

Again thanks Dat for your patience with us over this issue, and we have taken measures so this doesn't occur again.
Old 01-03-08, 10:05 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The Carson team has always taken cared of me and members I know. Usually, a phone call is all it takes to clear things up, if a problem arises. I am glad to see this situation resolving itself in a positive manner.
Old 01-03-08, 10:27 AM
link13
Lead Lap

Received 45 Likes on 39 Posts

I'm glad this is being resolved by the guys ar Carson. I've bought a few parts from them and found the service and quality to be top notch. I like the fact Luis came in here, took ownership of the error in a public forum, and took action to resolve it. I'm also glad the OP is getting his parts soon.
Old 01-03-08, 10:30 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by Carson-Lex
Thanks Dat, but I still want to post up so others who read this thread know what happened. It was an error on our side, we got caught up with a lot of orders over the holidays, and Dat's order was left on our shipping table un sent. We are getting it sent to him today next day, so he receives it tommorrow.

Again thanks Dat for your patience with us over this issue, and we have taken measures so this doesn't occur again.
good to know issues are being resolved, dat, hope you get the parts tomorrow

i really have to give props to luis and carson. it takes a lot of heart to admit fault and be positive to resolve the issues rather than hiding or finding excuses. this is how carson gets to where they are today i am sure once dat gets his parts, he will be a happy customer again
Old 01-18-08, 12:06 PM
4ntvings
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

i too ordered from luis during the holidays. i thought the item would've been delivered sooner, but go figure, its the holidays (even fedex/ups get delays-i know being in logistics). i didnt really care. i've met luis during the xmas meet and he's a good guy.

but then again, when i get parts, i'm never really in a rush for them. makes things easier for both parties. good to hear things were resolved professionally and respectfully.