Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

vBulletin next page bug

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-08, 12:05 PM
aquanuke
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default vBulletin next page bug

Ive had this a few times in the last maybe 6 months where I cant change page on a certain multi-page threads ie the link below currently has two pages but if I goto the second page it kicks me back to the first page.. even if I manually change the page=1 variable to page=2 it still kicks back to page=1.

Any one else getting this problem. Its only a handful of threads that produce this error.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...=332823&page=1
Old 03-04-08, 04:41 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator
Administrator

Received 2,337 Likes on 1,423 Posts

I know why it's happening but unfortunately there is no way to fix it until perhaps a new version of vBulletin comes along.

The issue is when there are certain types of posts from moderated members it causes a little confusion when they're right on the border of a 'next page' for vbulletin. An example of a moderated member is when we have had issues with that member (such as repeated vendor sales, personal attacks, etc) and we sometimes set their status so that only moderators can see their posts until their status is changed.

Basically next time someone posts in that thread, it'll push it over that little error.
Old 03-04-08, 09:54 PM
newyorksc
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

Ah.. i've noticed the anomaly before and I was also intrigued.

thanks for the explanation dave