Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

I hate Searching and Moderators and Following simple rules

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-08, 01:08 AM
TecnoSmurf
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I hate Searching and Moderators and Following simple rules

it kind of sucks this forum gives you the feeling of being sorry about asking a question.

I feel your pain. CL feels like a ubber geek computer forum where you get flamed for asking question. It really doesn't feel like a car club forum.
Old 04-19-08, 12:46 PM
Lex-Fiend
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by TecnoSmurf
it kind of sucks this forum gives you the feeling of being sorry about asking a question.

I feel your pain. CL feels like a ubber geek computer forum where you get flamed for asking question. It really doesn't feel like a car club forum.
It's not that anyone here is an "ubber geek", it's just that the more threads/post, the slower the forum will run. This site has been around for YEARS, and more than likely the issue has been discussed more than once. So to keep the forum running properly, the mods monitor this alot, and can sometimes be a little harsh. I'm a member of a local forum here in chicago, where the mods are young arrogant little effin ******, CL is not that bad, believe me.
Old 04-19-08, 01:00 PM
CCC-TT
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

People only get flamed for stupid questions because the people that have been on here for even a small amount of time get tired of seeing the EXACT same questions asked once or twice a month when searching would make it so much easier.

But props to the original poster for a unique idea, i havent heard of that yet. The bolt hole probably wont line up between the two cars though.
Old 04-19-08, 08:05 PM
neurocity
Neu`roc´i`ty

Received 76 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Lex-Fiend
It's not that anyone here is an "ubber geek", it's just that the more threads/post, the slower the forum will run. This site has been around for YEARS, and more than likely the issue has been discussed more than once. So to keep the forum running properly, the mods monitor this alot, and can sometimes be a little harsh. I'm a member of a local forum here in chicago, where the mods are young arrogant little effin ******, CL is not that bad, believe me.
True True...SRTForums, Honda Forums come to mind right away.

Most here have no idea how many posts are moved or merged in one day. OLT does most of them in the SC Forums. I know I do a bunch too. If we didn't do it, and let people go buck wild...Imagine what your searches would be like then. Someone starts a thread that I know exist; if I search and find it easily then yea...I get pissed and say something. If it hurts your little inner child that someone in a forum burned you cause your unique post is actually rehashing a topic for the 25th time...Get help.

setsuna57...If you don't find anything here, try doing something yourself. If you get it to work and its clean. Do up a DIY, step by step. The SC FAQ is still in the works. And something like that would be a great addition.
Old 04-19-08, 09:04 PM
5sp_jzz30
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

people give me a break and stop complaining about getting flamed. in all the time on CL i have not started a single thread on a topic that has already need discussed. if you use key words in the search you can find EVERYTHING you need.

i visit two forums on regular basis. CL and ClubFR(local drift forum). i have never needed "help" because everything is here. advice is a different issue

honestly im sick and tired of coming here and seeing threads that i know for a fact i can find all the info in the search. people are being lazy at the expense of the forum and giving mods extra work.

this thread is good. its something new that i never thought about. i dont care for mirrors so its never bothered me. if someone wants to try this modification then more power to you
Old 04-19-08, 10:33 PM
TecnoSmurf
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 5sp_jzz30
people give me a break and stop complaining about getting flamed. in all the time on CL i have not started a single thread on a topic that has already need discussed. if you use key words in the search you can find EVERYTHING you need.

i visit two forums on regular basis. CL and ClubFR(local drift forum). i have never needed "help" because everything is here. advice is a different issue

honestly im sick and tired of coming here and seeing threads that i know for a fact i can find all the info in the search. people are being lazy at the expense of the forum and giving mods extra work.

this thread is good. its something new that i never thought about. i dont care for mirrors so its never bothered me. if someone wants to try this modification then more power to you
The search engine on this site is crap. That is a fact.
Old 04-19-08, 10:39 PM
5sp_jzz30
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

or maybe you suck at searching. hey do one better and start a useless thread debating the uselessness of this forum's search engine.
Old 04-21-08, 05:28 AM
neurocity
Neu`roc´i`ty

It works when everything is titled correctly..."*sigh*....question" is probably not the best description for a thread. Got a problem with the site or its search engine. Post here instead of thread jacking. https://www.clublexus.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14

I met several people yesterday at the Chicago Meet who have been on the forums for years and never post. Because they can find what they needed...Using the search engine.

Last edited by neurocity; 04-21-08 at 05:31 AM.
Old 04-21-08, 08:10 AM
dantama
Driver School Candidate

I've only been here 2 or 3 months, and I wish it wasn't so moderated.

Other motorcycle sites I belong to tolerate questions being asked over and over. It keeps things fresh, and if somebody doesn't want to answer a question again, they don't have to.

In real life, if a group of co-workers is talking about something, and you've already discussed it before, you can move on if you don't want to talk about it again. But you don't jump in and say that it's already been talked about, so we can't talk about it again.

I don't think the one topic, one time policy makes for a better board. Most days that I log in here, the first page is all about people's pictures of their new lips. Funny that a board about pictures of lips is seen as progressive, and discussing real topics more than once is frowned on.

It seems that unless you use the search, this site is all about pictures; because everything has already been discussed. Pictures are all that's left.
Old 04-21-08, 07:42 PM
neurocity
Neu`roc´i`ty

Since everyone is intent on arguing about something other than what was originally posted. I moved all the posts here.

This is the proper forum for whining about having to follow guidelines and rules.
Old 04-21-08, 07:54 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

at least 80% of the time I find what I need via search. You just have to play around with the words a bit.
Old 04-21-08, 07:56 PM
neurocity
Neu`roc´i`ty

Originally Posted by nobleblack
This is my theory for the issue of the search engine. I figure that the people that posted up topics are seasoned lexus veterans so the terms used are going to be different due to club lexus culture, mindset. So naturally when your starting on here your frame of mind is going to be different. In other words it's a learning process. But that's IMO.
A few reasons for the search engine...is how much we have on here. The lack of correct titling is very important...A thread that holds the info you need, is most likely titled "Help, Pleaaaaazzzzzzee!!!!"

That tells you a bunch.

I know what I know about Lexus and my SC...Because I read this site, Because I searched. In fact I learned things I wasn't even looking for, filtering through all the multiple posts.

In a perfect ClubLexus World..everything would be organized and easy to find...But its not. We are trying to keep things clean and try to move things or edit things so they can be found easily. But re-posting about something we already have 13 threads on just adds to the snowballing clutter effect.

OLT and I are not bad. We seem brash, sarcastic, and rough; Because....You all made us this way

Muffins?
Some people like cupcakes better. I for one care less for them!

Last edited by neurocity; 04-21-08 at 08:07 PM.
Old 04-21-08, 08:06 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 360 Likes on 230 Posts

Your search skills are crap.

This site gets indexed and the search engine rebuilt more times than other sites even bother to update home page. There is NOTHING on this site I cannot find in one single search. Quit blaming the site for your shortcomings and learn to use that button, there is even a tutorial on how to do it and get results every time, search for it.
Old 04-21-08, 08:29 PM
neurocity
Neu`roc´i`ty

Originally Posted by O. L. T.
Your search skills are crap.
^^^^Someones not going to get any muffins.^^^^
Old 04-21-08, 10:10 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 96 Likes on 88 Posts

....can i has a muffin?