Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

Official Photo thread idea (SC300/400 section)

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-08, 03:42 AM
Luke_in_SD
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Official Photo thread idea (SC300/400 section)

I've been noticing a lot of car photo threads. Popping up here and there.

"I just washed my car, here are new pics"

"Check out the new lip"

"got new tint"

"took her to the beach"

"Photoshoot night"

blah blah blah.

Anyways these threads clutter up with the technical threads.
I thought maybe if we have a stickied "Official Car Photo thread"

It would make the section a little bit more organized.
Only saying this, cause i've seen it done on other forums, and it seems work well.
Just a suggestion
Old 05-06-08, 07:17 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator
Administrator

Received 2,332 Likes on 1,419 Posts

Luke, appreciate the suggestion. We do have a number of 'official photo threads' for different purposes in the SC forum.

I'm a reluctant to make just one thread for pictures, however. Just like you are interested in the more technical topics, there are other members who are interested in the visual aspects of the car and looking at pics.

We'll merge them when the threads fall into one of the existing categories of 'official pics' (example: "all spruce colored SC's post pics!") and I'm willing to create additional new categories of merged photo threads where they make sense as we've done in other model forums (example: "Official tint picture thread"). For the others, I'd suggest just don't click on 'em
Old 05-09-08, 12:23 AM
Luke_in_SD
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thanks for your feedback
Old 05-10-08, 11:14 AM
Jewcano
No Sir, I Don't Like It

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Call this a stupid Idea, because even I highly doubt its worth it, but what about making a section in every sub forum specially designated to photo's. Then each subsection can have sections of it's own ie "Engine Bay Pics", "Freshly Washed Pics", "Rear end pics", "Shoes pics"...ect. So for example if I wanted to see the picture in the SC300/400 forum, I would click the SC300/400 section, then where it has suspension and engine maintenance, you would add one more option under that that says Pictures. Then in that thread you can have the individual threads dedicated to the type of photos. This would in turn remove the clutter in the main sub forum.

Just a completely random idea I thought of.
Old 05-10-08, 04:24 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator
Administrator

Received 2,332 Likes on 1,419 Posts

Originally Posted by Jewcano
Call this a stupid Idea, because even I highly doubt its worth it, but what about making a section in every sub forum specially designated to photo's. Then each subsection can have sections of it's own ie "Engine Bay Pics", "Freshly Washed Pics", "Rear end pics", "Shoes pics"...ect. So for example if I wanted to see the picture in the SC300/400 forum, I would click the SC300/400 section, then where it has suspension and engine maintenance, you would add one more option under that that says Pictures. Then in that thread you can have the individual threads dedicated to the type of photos. This would in turn remove the clutter in the main sub forum.

Just a completely random idea I thought of.

Yeah, that's not going to happen. It appeals to my sense of organization, but would be a nightmare to administer and moderate. ~50% of posts already don't go into the right sub-forum for suspension, etc and we're not going to get into the business of image reviewers and movers.
Old 05-10-08, 09:32 PM
Jewcano
No Sir, I Don't Like It

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I thought so. I know what you mean by organization, but that would be nearly impossible to manage