Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

Issues with TM Engineering (no longer an approved CL vendor) - merged threads

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-09, 03:58 AM
Emil
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TM Engineering

This is not a complaint thread but i'm wondering if anyone has heard from that lately?

I've purchased some stuff to be sent to the UK and not had 2 or 3 (can't remember) e-mails that have been un-answered,i only wanted to know if they've been shipped.

Had quickish responces before i brought them,and now nothing

Please don't take this as negative feedback for the company,living the UK i'm not sure who else i can contact so put it here for general people to see and try and help me out,

Emil
Old 04-01-09, 06:08 AM
Infamous 1
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I live in the states and i had terrible experiences with them. Do a search on them. There are plenty of people who had problems dealing with them. Good luck!
Old 04-01-09, 06:31 AM
Rick James
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Same thing happened to me. They answered my emails then once I paid I couldn't get any response. They never answer the phone # and their voicemail box is always full.
Old 04-01-09, 06:41 AM
Emil
Pole Position

sent another e-mail now,i'll be looking at getting my money back tomorrow thank god i paid by credit card for once some extra security,seems a real shame as everythign was good till my order was placed,and since ii've lowered my GS and got alignment done,the control arm bushes are making a louder thump each time
Old 04-01-09, 06:53 AM
Spyder78
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Emil
sent another e-mail now,i'll be looking at getting my money back tomorrow thank god i paid by credit card for once some extra security,seems a real shame as everythign was good till my order was placed,and since ii've lowered my GS and got alignment done,the control arm bushes are making a louder thump each time
Dont know about TM but I ordered my Daizen stuff from Sewell and it was at my door in 2 days.
Old 04-01-09, 07:10 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,236 Likes on 1,355 Posts

TM Engineering has not been a sponsor on our forum in several months and he hasn't been logged onto CL since early February.

Just making sure that you are not attempting to contact him via PM.
Old 04-01-09, 09:13 AM
Emil
Pole Position

thanks Dave for moving to the correct section and letting me know that,i'll see what happens over the next day due to the time difference (its 5:15pm here) and then see further action
Old 04-02-09, 04:54 AM
Emil
Pole Position

small update had a reply stating e-mail was down,fingers crossed gets sorted out soon
Old 04-07-09, 04:16 AM
Emil
Pole Position

after another e-mail,they have now sent me my invoice and said my order is now prepared for shipment
Old 04-14-09, 08:55 AM
Emil
Pole Position

another update,got them through the post today,going to fit them after my uni exams middle of next month
Old 04-14-09, 09:08 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Thanks Emil, glad to hear you got your parts.

I'm going to consider this issue closed - if you need install followup I suggest you post in the appropriate model-specific forum.
Old 04-21-09, 06:52 AM
jcat_350
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default WARNING to ALL CLUBLEXUS MEMBERS regarding TM ENGINEERING

Mods, I realize this is a forum wide warning but there's no general forum to post this in. Move/advertise as you see fit.

I understand TM Engineering has been removed as a clublexus vendor. But, giving them the benefit of the doubt, I decided do give them another chance. Here's what happened:

Background:

I was looking for Daizen control arm bushings for my 2gs. On daizen's website, they listed 5 dealers. 3 of which, could not be contacted in any way. The 2 that were left were Sewell and TME. Sewell did not have the product, it was backordered. So, I contacted TM and it seemed as though they were not backordered. I placed my order and hoped for the best (129.99 plus shipping was the amount, paid by credit card).

About 4 days went by, the money was withdrawn from my account, and I received an invoice for my purchase. But, a few days had gone by and I hadn't recieved a shipment notification. Sent 3 emails, took until the 3rd to get a reply from them. They notified me that they were backordered, probably until the following week (this was the end of the week so I figured I only had a couple days to wait). So I said fine, I'll wait.

Gets to be the middle of that next week. I send 3 more emails checking to see if they came in. One gets a reply. Rather than a yes or a no, I got the response of "Well just refund you." on april 9th. Okay, so I reply that day saying if they have the bushings I'll take them, but if not the refund. No responses. I send another email the 13th, nothing. No acknowledgement, no money in my account. I send another email the 15th. Finally they respond saying "pick one or the other, you cannot do both." (after I had said if they have the bushings I'll take them, if not i want the refund. I thought that was clear ). I responded within hours, saying I'll take the refund.

From then on, I heard nothing from them. No money in my account, no emails, nothing. Finally, on the 20th, I send them another email, because I was by this point very upset. Credit card refunds flat out do not take a week and a half to process. I made my feelings known and let them know that if I did not recieve my refund I would have to take legal action. I was very professional and did not make any outlandish claims. Surprisingly they responded quickly:

"It is already on the way to you. Refunds are processed one a week, on Fridays. As far as the refund being in your account by Friday, we cannot control that, you would need to take the refund to the bank and deposit it, and make sure they put it in the correct account. We have no way to make sure they deposit it in the correct account, you would need to make sure you tell them the correct account number. If you can, please send us a copy of your bank statement so we have a record of the refund being in your bank account. That way you would be protected from legal action and prosecution from fraud."

Wow, really nice huh? Even if they had mailed me a check, it would take 5 days to get from CA to RI. If they had done the refund electronically, it should have taken a couple days (my mother works for a bank, i know this for a fact). So now, these people have basically stolen over $130 dollars for me. They offered me a refund, which I accepted. Almost 2 weeks later, they have the nerve to accuse me of fraud and threaten me with legal action, while asking me for a copy of my bank statement proving that I recieved the CORRECT AMOUNT (meaning they want me to be responsible if THEY screw up basically).

These people are absolutely ridiculous. Responding to one of every 5 emails, and not answering 3 phone calls and a voicemail is horrible customer service. I know some people on here warned me, but I had gotten steering rack bushings from them with no problem, so I figured I'd give it a shot. I'm seriously regretting it now.
Old 04-21-09, 06:56 AM
Emil
Pole Position

dude i received my Dazien control arm and steering rack bushes from them last week IIRC,though they were delivered to the UK,i sent alot of e-mails to them,and only when i said i want my money back would i get a responce. Did take all of a month nearly though!

i get the products in the end,it took a hell of alot more time and alot of patient,and i doubt i'll use them again for anything
Old 04-21-09, 07:08 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

TM Engineering is no longer an approved vendor on Club Lexus - have not been one for several months. As such I'm closing this thread.

I'd strongly suggest when you get into a conflict with a vendor about refunds processing, etc - contact your credit card company and let them do the work. Not only do they have specific departments and resources to do this - they have all the inside information about the transaction to know the status of the refund.
Old 05-20-09, 04:14 PM
fordsvtmfl
Lexus Test Driver

Default Problems with TM engineering

Has anyone else had problems with them? I ordered a set of sway bars from them about a month ago and have not heard a word. Ive emailed them a few times about the status....how long should I wait before I file a dispute with my Card Company?

Quick Reply: Issues with TM Engineering (no longer an approved CL vendor) - merged threads