Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

Issues with TM Engineering (no longer an approved CL vendor) - merged threads

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-08, 10:33 AM
954soarer
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fight Him!! >=0
Old 10-18-08, 11:14 AM
RikTT
Pole Position

Hope it works out ..G L
Old 10-18-08, 12:49 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by AutoCoutureSC
Thanks CL! But please, let's keep the personal comments at Todd away from this thread. This is about how TM Engineering as a company refuses to contact me in regards to my car... and how they ignore my countless calls/emails/text messages to return my car.

There were a lot of discrepancies with the stories he told me and the stories fellow members recently PM'd me about when they saw my car. I can only imagine the worst with my car...

Im a nice guy, and I am willing to settle this in a cordial matter. But it takes 2 to tango.
I don't have any personal comments about Todd but I must add my feelings on this situation.
First, I don't ubderstand the connection between leaving CL and the problem you're having.
Next, never ever give someone their money up front...in any business deal. Human beings are too weak to be trusted that way. Even a good guy can turn sour when he already has his money. There's nothing to earn when someone has been paid up front. Reputable businesses shouldn't need the money up front.
Lastly, why are you sounding so helpless? I would have a lawyer on his butt. I would stand in front of his business with a big sign warning others away (it worked for me). I would be in his face as much as I could. I would kick over a table or 2, just to show I'm seriously pissed (it worked for me). The way you're acting, you may never see your car or money ever again.
Old 10-18-08, 02:38 PM
Baoser
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Lextreme
Lee,

Perhaps the Socal Triad and Tony can help you finish your car. PM Stevechumo or JamesN. I am sure they are willing to lend a hand.

+1 I saw the Video tony posted...haha
Old 10-19-08, 03:18 AM
xknowonex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by reggiek
I would stand in front of his business with a big sign warning others away (it worked for me). I would be in his face as much as I could. I would kick over a table or 2, just to show I'm seriously pissed (it worked for me). The way you're acting, you may never see your car or money ever again.
I am afraid that tactic would only work if the business is open and actually does business. How can you drive away potential customers when most of his customers cannot even get hold of him to pay him for his products or services?
Old 10-19-08, 09:06 AM
SolTrain99
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Thanks CL! But please, let's keep the personal comments at Todd away from this thread. This is about how TM Engineering as a company refuses to contact me in regards to my car... and how they ignore my countless calls/emails/text messages to return my car.

There were a lot of discrepancies with the stories he told me and the stories fellow members recently PM'd me about when they saw my car. I can only imagine the worst with my car...

Im a nice guy, and I am willing to settle this in a cordial matter. But it takes 2 to tango.
I think you are being waaaaay too nice. I can understand 1 month or 2, hell even 3 or 4 months. But 2 years is BS. You need to take some action, cause they are not taking you serious at all.
Old 10-19-08, 09:07 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by xknowonex
I am afraid that tactic would only work if the business is open and actually does business. How can you drive away potential customers when most of his customers cannot even get hold of him to pay him for his products or services?
So this is not a business that's open to the public? That's even more reason to not give him money up front.
Old 10-19-08, 11:45 AM
xknowonex
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by reggiek
So this is not a business that's open to the public? That's even more reason to not give him money up front.
Well, from my own my experiences and from everyone else as well, TM Engineering operates like a "hobby shop" and does not open Monday-Saturday from 9-5 like other shops. Even his website says "by appointment only". You will be lucky to find him working at odd hours during the middle of the night should you need him.
Old 10-19-08, 12:38 PM
camberSC
Lexus Champion

I am sorry to hear and I feel your pain... Same deal happened to me with Kaazusa, this A55hole Ray from Kaaz (know for their lsd's) had my car in his shop for a year and a half and charged me more than my car was worth (Not the SC), had some of my parts stolen and never finished the job.... Good Luck Bud, I know how much of a heartbreak and how depressing a big ordeal like this can be....
Old 10-19-08, 01:55 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by xknowonex
Well, from my own my experiences and from everyone else as well, TM Engineering operates like a "hobby shop" and does not open Monday-Saturday from 9-5 like other shops. Even his website says "by appointment only". You will be lucky to find him working at odd hours during the middle of the night should you need him.
Wow, I can't believe people are giving this guy money up front. I've used shade tree mechanics before. You buy the parts he needs and pay him when it's done. No fuss no muss.

That money is gone!

Last edited by Ice350; 10-19-08 at 02:13 PM.
Old 10-19-08, 02:04 PM
LexFather

Yesss, it's true.

Due to some circumstances that has been stressing me out for over a year and a half, I have to say goodbye to the SC community.

I'll post some pics when i get home. Please do not PM me about parts or parting out just yet. I have plenty to go around. My heart is saddened by my departure, but I can't look at my car the same anymore.

I have met so many of you "OG" SC guys, and you guys are like family to me. We will keep in touch for sure. You guys know my story more than anyone else.

Here’s an explanation of why I’m fed up. Why I’m frustrated, why I have to let my SC go.

I haven’t driven my car for at least one year and six months. Yes, over a year. Before that, the longest I haven’t driven it was 6 months. Why you ask? Both times my car has been at TM Engineering in Carson, CA. I found him via this website, since he was a vendor on these forums.

I’ve dealt with Todd over at TM Engineering many many times in the past. I’ve always backed him up, gave him numerous referrals. I had went to his shop and inquired about a project for my car. He was the only guy I knew that could pull this off. After all, he installed my gated shifter in my SC4. Todd said he could pull it off. After numerous conversations in person, text, and on the phone, we agreed to drop off my car. He gave me an estimate, and I paid in full as he had requested, just to “get the ball rolling.” Please keep in mind, that this was no small amount. It’s an amount worth more than some of your SC’s including any mods on the car. Todd said the max amount of time he would have the car would be 2 weeks. 2 weeks! I specifically told him that I do not want my car in his shop like the GS that’s currently there now. I don’t want my car in there for year’s just collecting dust. Sure, as with any project, you will run into complications, especially of this nature. 2 weeks turns into 2 months, then 6, then a year, and now, almost 2 years later, still no car. Last time I saw my car was January? I don’t even know anymore. My car gets broken into and he didn’t bother to tell me until I paid him a visit during his “office hours.” I give him the benefit of the doubt and ask him to proceed with the project. He tells a fellow member in May of 2008 that my car is first priority, and it should be done in July. Well, it’s almost November and I haven’t heard a peep from him since his email in June. He said, “I’ll let you know how it goes.”

And that’s it, that’s the last I heard from him. Since then, I’ve sent him countless emails, text messages, voice mails, and pages. I even call him on his cell phone. I’ve stopped by his shop many many many times that I don’t remember anymore. He’s never there. Once in a blue moon I run into him during “office hours.”

I email and text him and stated that I just wanted the car back. And to take off all the upgrades I had asked to do so we can discuss a form of refund or compensation. To this day, nothing. I just want it back, and I am afraid that IF and when I do get it back, It will never be the same.

To make matters worse, a lot of my secret mods are there too. And they aren’t cheap. BTW: I'm still paying full coverage on that thing...

Old 10-19-08, 09:44 PM
Gunnar
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I hate to hear stories like this. I wish you nothing but the best in this, good luck getting your car and your money.
Old 10-19-08, 10:23 PM
phrozen
Lead Lap

man i remember i bought my black interior from u and gazi few years ago. man sucks that this has happened to a good person =/, hope to see you back in a sc down the road..GL bro
Old 10-19-08, 11:50 PM
hemogoblin
Lexus Test Driver

I dont really visit CL anymore, but ive dealt with Todd a few times, and he's been ok. Although it was only 2-3 deals, they were all ok.

My question is, how the hell did you let a shop keep your car for that long? Not just TM, but any shop. If they tell me the car should be done in 4 weeks, and its not done, then they tell me 6 weeks and its still not done, i'd get my car and tell them to screw themselves.

Everyone deserves a second chance, but not a third.
Old 10-20-08, 12:05 AM
djspawn00
Lexus Test Driver

. . . . . . sounds like someone should be heading to court soon.... goodluck man, most of us have been screwed over in the past and have learned our lessons. bad business practices hurt everybody... customers and other business' as well...

Quick Reply: Issues with TM Engineering (no longer an approved CL vendor) - merged threads