Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

TMEngineering

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-08, 04:34 PM
PetesLS400
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TMEngineering

I noticed they are a sponsor here but dont see them posting unless they post under a different username.

I'm having very poor customer service with them.

Ordered something through their website over 2 weeks ago, paid for priority mail (3-5 day) so that I can receive it before one of the weekends because I had time to do the install, never showed. I emailed them about the order but never heard back, then I left a voice message but again I never heard back. Then last Wed I spoke with someone on the phone, he was very vague but mentioned something about them not having the part, he then asked for my number and told me he'll look into it and will call me right back, never heard from anyone.

I hate making these kinds of posts because it really should never lead to this, all I'm saying is that I'd never be allowed to get away with this sort of customer service at my job. Their communication is beyond poor.
Old 07-07-08, 04:37 PM
pingu
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am pretty sure TM is a 1 man shop.

Last edited by pingu; 07-14-08 at 03:31 PM.
Old 07-07-08, 04:40 PM
intdiamond
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I put an order in with them last week and expect to have my stuff arrive soon. I will post up if there's a problem. Hope it all works out for you (and me!).
Old 07-07-08, 04:40 PM
ChronoJ1
Lexus Champion

Nothing new here.
Old 07-07-08, 08:12 PM
intdiamond
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by intdiamond
I put an order in with them last week and expect to have my stuff arrive soon. I will post up if there's a problem. Hope it all works out for you (and me!).
Check that; the order was never placed... my error. Sorry for the mixup.
Old 07-10-08, 08:56 PM
PetesLS400
Lead Lap

After reading more posts about TM I see this is normal practice for them.

Other forums I visit are more particulate about their sponsors and after so many complaints they are usually dropped.

I guess this website doesnt follow suit.

Live and learn I guess.
Old 07-10-08, 10:42 PM
Maeve
Instructor

Pete,

I went to TM Engineering on Tuesday and met Todd. I went to his shop to pick up my Daizen bushings. Yeah, I could tell that he has been very busy (even to work on my car). I had also mentioned to Todd that CL members were looking for him.

Try to call him in the morning around 10 - 11 AM (Pacific time).
Hope you can reach him.

Dom
Old 07-14-08, 04:29 AM
PetesLS400
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Maeve
Pete,

I went to TM Engineering on Tuesday and met Todd. I went to his shop to pick up my Daizen bushings. Yeah, I could tell that he has been very busy (even to work on my car). I had also mentioned to Todd that CL members were looking for him.

Try to call him in the morning around 10 - 11 AM (Pacific time).
Hope you can reach him.

Dom

Yeah, I can keep trying to call him At the same time I'm also a very busy individual and I dont have the time to be trying to reach him to receive something I already paid for a month ago, thats complete BS!

This is the last time I'm doing business with TMEngineering. I wish I would have read some of the other posts before placing my order.
Old 07-28-08, 01:40 PM
Slooooooow
Regional Officer - NTL

Cool

1. I ordered the Control Arm Bushings Kit, the Steering Rack Bushing Kit, and the Sway Bar Bushing Kit.
  2. I received the shipment.
  3. I passed the shipment to my installer.
  4. My installer reported several missing parts from the first opened kit, the Control Arm Bushings kit.
  5. I reported the missing parts with photos, etc. via email (for documentation, as advised) 5 days ago and have yet to receive a response.
I'm ready to order two more kits plus a TEIN CS system with EFDC when this is resolved quickly and amicably.
Old 07-28-08, 06:18 PM
r00kie
Lexus Test Driver

<2 cents>
TME (Todd) is a great guy, he installed my PI TC a couple years ago....but this is not how to run a business. If he is that busy, he needs to hire help. I know he has been a long time sponsor and what not, so he might get some leeway, but at some point, CL should step in and hold him to the standards that is expected.
</2 cents>
Old 07-28-08, 07:48 PM
AdamLexus
Pole Position

Well, I am going to throw this out there now too.

I own an automotive business that deals heavily in aftermarket parts and so far I am very unhappy with my service from Todd as well.

I ordered every Daizen part available for the SC from him June 16th through email after a very hard time to get a hold of him.

Parts were charged on my business account almost immediately.

It took me about 5 emails and 50 phone calls before I finally got a hold of Todd on July 17th. When I did, he was vague as well and told me he would look into it and call me back.

I have repeatedly tried calling him since and no answer. His mailbox has been FULL since I began to talk to him over 1 year ago, so that is not an option either.

I am still waiting for those parts today July 28th.

My business project car is being held up because of this as are some sponsors that are helping with the project.

This is extremely horrible business practice and I for one will be talking to Daizen to let them know what kind of business he is giving there name as a premier dealer for them.

If I do not receive a response soon, I will be driving 2 hours down to his place and we will then see what he has to say in person.
Old 07-31-08, 12:17 PM
cbrasian
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by AdamLexus
If I do not receive a response soon, I will be driving 2 hours down to his place and we will then see what he has to say in person.
so whens this I call road trip lol.... i still gotta bug you about some junk for vegas
Old 07-31-08, 01:57 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by AdamLexus

Dont even bother. I went there around an early tuesday afternoon and NO ONE was even there. I stuck around for an hour hoping someone would drop by but the place was dead. There is more activity going on watching a bug eat its food than there was outside of TM's office.

You will have loyal customers who will defend Todd and say he's busy, but not everyone is buddy buddy with Todd. Being busy is a POOR excuse. If you do not have time for it, then dont run the business. Do whatever that is taking up your time, but dont leave customers hanging like that. I find it laughable that people will defend this type of business practice. I really wish Todd would hire someone. It's cheaper than losing customers in my book.
Old 07-31-08, 03:39 PM
Luxor
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts

After I receive my bushing kit from them I will no longer conduct any more business with them, I have been waiting for over 2 weeks for my kit and they have not responded to my email. This is the second time that this has happened to me.

SAY NO TO TMENGINEERING.NET!!!!!