Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

i got ripped off by Carson!

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-08, 08:08 PM
GS430V8
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
Yes, not only would I think twice... I wouldn't do it.

Again, not saying they didn't screw up the shipping; I just think you are unreasonable with a two day wait. Luis said they had the items in stock and would have shipped using the correct carrier w/o waiting for your other package to return to resend to you. Perhaps a miscommunication between you and the vendor on the timing.

I've got years of experience with Carson and haven't ever seen them lie about something like this. They aren't perfect all the time (no one I've ever dealt with is), but they do try hard to make things right when they mess up.

PS yes, I saw your edit where you initially posted that Caesar called you.

Good luck with your neck pads.
Listen Davegs4 i know everyone is going to believe you more than me since your backing up carson and you being a moderator. but i will never back down for someone that did'nt do there job right.yes everything went down with ceaser but ceaser did not even call me once so please do not tell me what happened or who called me becuase no one cared!, why are you guys switching everything backwards like it was my fault. to end this comment i will say this one last time, I GOT Ripped OFF! once again it was there Fault and i had to pay for it! end of story.

Last edited by GS430V8; 08-01-08 at 08:20 PM.
Old 08-01-08, 09:41 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,257 Likes on 1,371 Posts

I understand your frustration and yes they screwed up the shipping. No question there. I've got no knowledge of the situation other than what you and Luis have written and you were the one that wrote that Caesar called you, then you edited your post to change your story to match what you'd posted previously.

Your 'not backing down' I think is the thing that excacerbated the sitaution.... you were impatient and wouldn't accept any sort of remediation offered. Instead you chose to make an inflammatory thread and a much bigger deal out of a very small issue than warranted. There was no "rip off"; they simply made a mistake in shipping method. They didn't profit off of the issue and made a good faith effort to get it taken care of, which you didn't accept.

You haven't been a member long and don't know that I take personal action behind the scenes on every single post I see like this. I PM the vendor and ask them to look into the situation and try to resolve it; I did this for you as soon as I saw this thread. I get a lot of details on how things are getting fixed and Carson is top notch at publicly admitting when there is an issue and making things right for our members.

I also only recommend vendors that I have personal (good) experience with, and these guys are one that I'd recommend. I and the rest of the moderator team are volunteers and don't get paid or compensated by our vendors. Only their support to keep the forum and and running free of charge to you and everybody else.

As you've said "end of story" and you are happy with the items you got. If there are other points you want to make in this thread, PM me. I'm going to close it since both you and Carson have stated your point of view.